atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dcwave Magix and line-side T1 issues - 03/22/04 07:30 AM
Greetings,
I have a customer who is connecting to my IVR via a T1 from the phone switch. When the trunks are configured as Wink the Magix is able to send inbound calls to us without a problem. However, we need them to set as loop. When we do this the magix locks up and requires a "reboot".

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Posted By: locg Re: Magix and line-side T1 issues - 03/22/04 10:22 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dcwave:
Greetings,
I have a customer who is connecting to my IVR via a T1 from the phone switch. When the trunks are configured as Wink the Magix is able to send inbound calls to us without a problem. However, we need them to set as loop. When we do this the magix locks up and requires a "reboot".

Any thoughts?

Thanks
</font>
you have to order loop trunks from provider if im correct.
Posted By: dude Re: Magix and line-side T1 issues - 03/22/04 11:34 AM
using line side ds1 service on legend/magix does not provide reliable disconnect for loop start facilities. wink start is a better choice. this also applies with other pbxs. Be aware that the loop start reliable disconnect setting in the system programming menu is not an option, it is a question! ngood luck
Posted By: dcwave Re: Magix and line-side T1 issues - 03/23/04 12:14 PM
Thanks, I am aware of the positive diconnect issue. The reason for needing loop start off the line-side T1 is so that the IVR can flash-hook transfer back to an extension on the Magix.
Posted By: gkar Re: Magix and line-side T1 issues - 03/24/04 05:36 PM
Make sure the Magix/Legend is set to SF,D4 if you are going to use loop-start. The Magixs can't flash signal for a transfer with ESF,B8ZS. Thats why its locking up the T-1. I have done alot of IVR's and always setup as wink/wink e&m tie with no problem transfering. What software and voice board are you using?
Posted By: dcwave Re: Magix and line-side T1 issues - 03/25/04 12:14 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gkar:
Make sure the Magix/Legend is set to SF,D4 if you are going to use loop-start. The Magixs can't flash signal for a transfer with ESF,B8ZS. Thats why its locking up the T-1. I have done alot of IVR's and always setup as wink/wink e&m tie with no problem transfering. What software and voice board are you using?</font>

Strange...
NMS boards. Our own software.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help