atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: locg reseting merlin password - 03/29/04 01:33 PM
i changed passwords on merlin legend r7 remotely with win spm r8 but when i try to log in again it says wrong password. I tried both the old and new one but none works.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: reseting merlin password - 03/29/04 04:52 PM
Unfortunatly, you're going to need to go out on site, and connect through the adminport. From there, print the set-up report, which will reveal the password.

If the site is too remote for that, you might need to find a local service person. Or, if you have a SMDR printer set up, I beleive you can print reports from the programming phone through the SMDR port.
Posted By: locg Re: reseting merlin password - 03/29/04 06:00 PM
Very good answer kinda figured that would be it. ok how about this. Can lines be assigned to incomming digits(4) off a pri ?

[This message has been edited by locg (edited March 29, 2004).]
Posted By: dialtone Re: reseting merlin password - 03/30/04 02:37 PM
If you have 4 digits coming in; then set your station number to 4 digits and they have to match the digits coming in. You can use 3 digits but you have to delete 1 digit and the ext. numbers will match the last three digits coming down the pipe.
Posted By: locg Re: reseting merlin password - 03/30/04 05:39 PM
thats how i have it set up but I want 32 different digits to ring on one phone as if they were 32 reg. lines comming.
Posted By: dialtone Re: reseting merlin password - 03/30/04 08:36 PM
You are limited to 15 routes, where you can send to different stations. You can send more than 1 number to the same station but you have a limit of 15.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: reseting merlin password - 03/30/04 09:35 PM
Undefined DID's will end up at the Operator? Perhaps that would be good enough to receive those 32 numbers?
Posted By: locg Re: reseting merlin password - 03/31/04 07:30 PM
Heres the deal I need 32 digits to each have a voicemail and 16 of them to ring at two ext with sepate buttons for each one. I know on the norstars you can assign incomming digits to its own line then you could asign them to its own ext with vm cover. can the legend do this?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: reseting merlin password - 03/31/04 10:51 PM
You could renumber "adjunct" extensions to match the DID numbers, then put "Primary Coverage" buttons for each of them on the sets that will answer them. One button for each number. They can also be covered to voice mail.
Posted By: locg Re: reseting merlin password - 04/01/04 03:43 AM
gkar told me the same in an email but i thought one ext. can only cover 8 others max or will it cover 16 adj.?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: reseting merlin password - 04/01/04 07:40 AM
1 extension (adjunct) can be covered by 8 other extensions, but you can cover as many extensions as you have blank buttons with lights to put the cover buttons on.
Posted By: locg Re: reseting merlin password - 04/01/04 05:00 PM
nope eight is the max [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] i just assigned 8 on 2 phones to get the sixteen. Everything works fine audix(my first) ect.. Thanks to everyone for your help. I leave with this question. what is the the real input for call service operator on a mlm 007. I usually leave it default. but ive worked on many with main operators ext. now im doing one that repeating its self when 0 is pressed. I think i need to just delete the main's mail box.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help