atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dialtone legend -- need help - 04/22/04 09:09 PM
Have customer with 2 legends systems in 2 different towns. We will call them A and B (A is the main switch and B makes all calls thru switch A.
Switch A has a T-1 for LD calls and Data and 3 channels connecting the two locations together. Switch A also has a new pri partial t that all calls coming in uses. The two location is set up for dialing each's extension and all calls comes thru switch A going to switch B. Switch B has a T-1 that used to be used for LD calls, data and 3 channels for tie lines to switch A.
This is my problem -- Switch B can call anywhere they want to -- LD calls, International calls and 800 calls and they are calling thru Switch A. Switch A cannot make 800 calls -- they can make all calls except 800 calls. Can someone tell me what Iam doing wrong. Iam having trouble understanding how Switch B (calling thru switch A) can make 800 type calls and switch A cannot. HELP!!
Posted By: Z-man Re: legend -- need help - 04/23/04 07:24 AM
What is happening when Switch A tries to dial the 800 numbers? Have you checked the allowed/disallowed lists and verified the ARS tables and ARS restrictions?
Posted By: dialtone Re: legend -- need help - 04/23/04 11:55 PM
Have checked all restrictions. When switch A dials an 800 number, they get a fast busy signal but the display show them on one of the pri channels. Now today, I set up remote access to switch A -- I can dial in remotely, dial a 91800***-**** and my call will go thru but if I get someone at switch A to make the call -- they get a fast busy.

I was told today that until a couple of days ago, they could make 800 calls -- they have had the pri since 4-8-04.

[This message has been edited by dialtone (edited April 23, 2004).]
Posted By: gkar Re: legend -- need help - 04/25/04 12:16 PM
Print the ARS tables and UDP tables. Make sure the Pools/Lines are valid and the Station ARS(FRL) matches or greater then the routes.
Posted By: dialtone Re: legend -- need help - 04/27/04 09:03 AM
Thanks for all reply's. Calls were being blocked by BellSouth due to my switch sending incorrect numbers. Change options in send number to ext. only and it works.
What they (bellsouth) want admit to is that something in the translation was changed. This pri was installed on 4-8-04 and worked ok until 4-22-04. I had not changed any options in the pri setup during this time.
Thank all
Doug
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help