atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bigboydaddy where to find 885a adapter for adux - 05/01/04 02:32 AM
Hi
Dose any body know where i can get the 885a adapter for the audix system so i can go to 6pin to 2 pin so i can work on my legend

Thanks
Brian ?!? Is that you payphone?
Posted By: bigboydaddy Re: where to find 885a adapter for adux - 05/01/04 11:01 AM
No it is not
My name is Steve My brother name is Brian and payphone
Posted By: ttech Re: where to find 885a adapter for adux - 05/01/04 07:24 PM
is that the adapter with two 3 pair jacks and six 1 pair jacks?
Posted By: bigboydaddy Re: where to find 885a adapter for adux - 05/01/04 08:23 PM
Yes
Go to Home Depot. Purchase 4 Cat-5 Jacks, and 2-Dual Surface Mount Boxes. Use the sticky tape to stick the boxes back-to-back.

Use some single pair jumper wire, or a pair stripped out of some Cat-5 cable. On three of the jacks, punch down a 6-inch length of the jumper wire to the pins where it indicates that the White-Blue/Blue-White pair should go.

Stick these jacks into three of the ports of the surface mount boxes, then stick the 4th jack into the last port. Mark the three jacks 1, 2, and 3.

Take the other end of the jumper wire from the 1st jack, and punch it down to the 4th jacks where the White-Blue/Blue-White goes.

Take the jumper wire from the 2nd jack and punch it down to the 4th jacks where the White-Green/Green-White goes (looking at the markings for 568-B)

Take the jumper wire from the 3rd jack, and punch one conductor onto the 4th jack to where the Orange-White conductor goes, and the other jumper wire conductor to where the White-Brown conductor goes.

Plug your three station ports into the jacks marked 1, 2, and 3. Run a 6-conductor line cord from the 4th jack to the Audix jack.

Good luck!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help