atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/02/04 10:47 PM
My customer wants two lines to act as rollover lines for the primary number.
I am not sure about the limitations of the Avaya Partner R6.
Can lines on the the Partner be programmed to act as rollover (CF-Busy, CFNA)lines, or do I contact Telco, from which these lines originate?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/02/04 10:57 PM
Dogs roll over, the Phone Company makes lines hunt.

Contact the telco (or have your customer do it), and ask for line 1 to hunt to line 2 and then to line 3
Posted By: jjimm Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/05/04 12:15 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/05/04 05:01 AM
"Dogs rollover"---I gotta remember that one. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: upstateny Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/08/04 10:21 AM
anyone asking that question shouldn't be servicing customers in our industry!
Posted By: justbill Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/08/04 10:52 AM
Everyones gott'a learn. I'll bet he never forgets. That is one line I'll use for reference when customers ask the question.
Thanks for the come back.
Bill
Posted By: jjimm Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/08/04 07:47 PM
"our" industry? Young whippersnapper!

Actually, I DID forget. I haven't worked key systems since I was a kid in 1971. I've worked PBX's, computers, VOIP, and Data Networks ever since. Never worked with an Avaya key system till now, with my new CA contractor's license and business. But us senile ole timers always forget, so I'll write it down this time.
But I'll steer clear of NY!
Posted By: justbill Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/08/04 08:22 PM
OK,
Telecom terminology. Banjo, spoon. This is something we all hope to forget.
Bill
Posted By: ntcp Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 05:29 AM
I have heard the term rollover lines since I first started in the phone industry, inside the phone company and out. I have been around longer than jjimm. What should not be in the industry is someone that would make a rude comment to anyone, customer or tech. If you do not want to answer a question don't, keep rude comments to yourself.
Posted By: groundstart Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 01:40 PM
PLAY NICE............
Posted By: upstateny Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 02:25 PM
Nonsense - the fact that the CO handles rollover/hunting is a simple concept that anyone in the interconnect field should know - it is not some obscure fact that is specific to a certain type of equipment - i have heard this comment repeatedly from data people entering the voice world - i would love to see them explain that to a customer after telling them that the system would do it.
Posted By: upstateny Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 02:27 PM
By the way feel free to come to NY - lack of knowledge by my competitors makes me look even better!!
Posted By: jjimm Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 04:03 PM
Once you start working on larger equipment than key systems, you will find that rollover lines are specific to the equipment. PBX, CBX, and even Nortel SL-100, which is also called "C.O." type of equipment, do not use the local telco for rollover lines, but create their own virtual extensions in the dialing plan for rollovers. Some of the new key systems have limited PBX features, and are called "hybrids". The Avaya Partner can be programmed as a hybrid, but I was unfamiliar with its limitations.
I guess it's never too late to learn. All kidding aside, I'm not trying to be argumentative here. I'm just seeking information exchange.
Posted By: upstateny Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 04:57 PM
i must admit to a certain amount of frustration watching data guys enter our world and taking business away then doing a poor job for the customer and also need to apologize for being a .... - good luck
Posted By: justbill Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 05:01 PM
jjimm,
I think you've been more than patient, I tried to lighten it up, but didn't get very far. Sometimes it's better to ignore. Your question was fair and reasonable and as we all know different terms are used in different parts of the country. I never knew beans were also call beanies and there are other terms I've heard in different parts of the country. Thanks for not fighting back, this is a good board and that kind of stuff can ruin a board. You handled it very well.
Bill

Posted this before I saw your's ny, thanks big of ya.
Bill

[This message has been edited by justbill (edited June 09, 2004).]
Posted By: groundstart Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 05:47 PM
Beans - Beanies.......In NJ & NY we call em "Chicklets"
Posted By: justbill Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 05:51 PM
Thanks Groundstart, you made my point. This board covers a large area, so many different terms are used in different areas. I've also heard them called maggots.
Bill
Posted By: jjimm Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/09/04 07:06 PM
No problemo. Ya know, as much as I wanted to learn data (for the sake of VOIP),and had to pay dues from the ground up all over again- I definitely prefer the Voice side of the industry. Much better people!
Posted By: groundstart Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/10/04 02:30 AM
you havent meet me yet.....
Posted By: willmax Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 06/29/04 07:58 PM
Call the local phone company for rollover option. they need to make it possible
Posted By: direct Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 07/05/04 01:06 PM
And I have heard them also called milk bottles and maggots...so there ya go.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Can Partner Do Rollovers ? - 07/06/04 09:54 AM
I call them 'rooster rubbers'.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help