atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MechaUser Transfer/Forwarding Calls - 06/23/04 12:13 PM
I am trying to transfer an incoming call (1) using my main Avaya phone (2) to an outside phone number (3)

I've tried using the flash, transfer and conference features but I always lose the 3rd party when I hang up the main phone.
Does anyone know how to do this?
thank you in advance
pmh
Posted By: dialtone Re: Transfer/Forwarding Calls - 06/23/04 09:44 PM
Unless you have centrex service; you have to do a conference call and you will have to stay on line or put the call on hold which is tieing up 2 of your lines.
Posted By: locg Re: Transfer/Forwarding Calls - 07/08/04 10:20 AM
you have to set up that extention for trunk to trunk transfer in programming. which system are you refering to.
Posted By: MechaUser Re: Transfer/Forwarding Calls - 07/08/04 11:08 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by locg:
you have to set up that extention for trunk to trunk transfer in programming. which system are you refering to.</font>
WE have the Avaya Partner System Version 5.
Do we have to upgrade to version 6 to do the trunk to trunk transfer? We do not have Centrex lines.
Posted By: XConnect Re: Transfer/Forwarding Calls - 07/08/04 12:35 PM
Call your phone company and have them put the flash feature on your lines, which is a Centrex feature. After you receive a call, press flash, dial the phone number to transfer to, & either announce the transfer or just hangup.
Posted By: gkar Re: Transfer/Forwarding Calls - 07/08/04 03:30 PM
Version 6 will allow a trunk to trunk transfer. Otherwise you will need 3-way calling feature from your local service provider and program a flash key on your phone.
Posted By: mannin32 Re: Transfer/Forwarding Calls - 02/22/05 12:46 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dialtone:
Unless you have centrex service; you have to do a conference call and you will have to stay on line or put the call on hold which is tieing up 2 of your lines.</font>

Can you tell me more about this centrex service? We are looking to take calls in and transfer them out without holding the line. We looked into take-back and transfer but then we would have to do a whole lot of upgrades on our switch and we would rather be able to do it through the phone company. Anyone have any thoughs on this?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help