atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel spirit external alert - 06/28/04 11:34 PM
i have a customer with a spirit 1224. he wants loud ringing. is the external alert port on the ksu a dry contact for a dc ringing voltage supply. he tells me at one time he could push a button on a spirit set and it would ring a bell in the warehouse. is this possible. i dont have a installer manual and the manuals i have dont mention it. thanks for any help. dave
Posted By: groundstart Re: spirit external alert - 06/29/04 02:12 AM
you could also use a co. port...
Posted By: ttech Re: spirit external alert - 06/29/04 06:21 AM
He may have had a ConnectT/R on an extention port and had an analog bell hooked to it.
Posted By: ttech Re: spirit external alert - 06/29/04 06:25 AM
for the manual goto https://support.avaya.com and navigate through communnication systems - spirit - 308/616 or 1224/2448 and you will find all the manuals and user guides you will need for the system
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: spirit external alert - 06/29/04 07:33 AM
The external alert port is NOT a dry contact, but instead provides 48VDC for a compatible device. You can't use a standard 90VAC ringer. I'm not familiar with being able to puch a button on a set to trigger the alert manually. Check the manual for that. I suppose you could rig it up to drive a relay directly, which would switch an AC power supply and then a ringer, which you could also parallel a pushbutton switch to the relay contacts for manual signalling.
Posted By: davetel Re: spirit external alert - 06/29/04 10:23 PM
thank you for all the input. i will try a 48 dcv bell or if i understand right can i use a 90vac bell on a ext port like partner system. i did try to check the manual online but only found info on the sta cards and the exp cab. did i make a wrong turn. thanks again. dave
Posted By: direct Re: spirit external alert - 07/05/04 01:00 PM
Another option may be a PA-2A made by Viking. I guess the question is what or who is he trying to signal with this bell. Why not pick up the phone and announce who or what he wants through the Viking PA-2A. I have a used one if you're interested!

Good luck...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help