atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MonteSSman42 Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 07:03 AM
I work for a small business as a network admin / web designer / computer tech (if it plugs into the wall and has a pcb, its my job), and I recently installed a partner II phone system, and a partner mail system. I am new to phone systems, and I have 2 questions. First off, when a message is left in a mail box, the message indicator does not turn on on the extension. Is there some kind of configuration option for the light that I'm not aware of? Secondly, I haven't been able to program a vmbox button, because to program the button, you need to enter INTERCOM 777 , and the intercom button happens to be the same button as the central tel program button, so when I press it, it sends me back to central config.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, these are the last 2 problems I have.

Thanks, Ryan
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 07:10 AM
First, make sure that the Message lights actually work. They were kind of a problem on the MLS series sets. At an extension, press Feature-09-XX (where XX is the extension number of the set that you are at), and see if the light comes on. Feature-10-XX to turn it back off. Otherwise, you're looking at other issues with the voice mail.

To program a "messages" button on a phone through centralized telephone programming, first it's Feature-00, Left Intercom Twice, Right Intercom Once, then the extension number of the phone you want to program, press the button to be programmed, Left Intercom button, 777. Now it's pick another button to program on the same extension, or Right Intercom to get back to Centralized Programming, and then another extension number, or Left Intercom button to get back to System Programming, or Feature 00 to quit.
Posted By: MonteSSman42 Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 07:21 AM
Thank you for the help. I did check, and the message lights are functional. So I guess the problem lays somewhere else. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated, because ive been told to uninstall the partner mail if I cant get the message light to work.

And the button programming worked, thanks, I was pressing the right intercom button instead of the left.

Thanks again,
Ryan
Posted By: dtmf Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 07:28 AM
Make sure you have the stations assigned to have a mailbox, you can leave a message in a box and if the sation is not assigned the mailbox it won't light. Go into the VMS admin menu then to option 4 to check as mailbox's are not factory set for 10 - 57

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited July 09, 2004).]
Posted By: MonteSSman42 Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 07:39 AM
The mailboxes are set up, and the mail box numbers are the same as the corresponding extension numbers. Is that all that needs to be done, or is there further configuration required to get the vms to recognize the extension associated with a mail box?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 07:59 AM
The only thing I can think of is to check the connection of the last port on the VMS to the 206 card to be sure it's good. You may want to do a System Reset programming saved (#728)and also reset the VMS.

Posted By: MonteSSman42 Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 08:31 AM
Thanks, I will try resetting them both... when i do the system reset on the partner system, and the vms, my configurations won't be lost right? Also, how long does the reset take? Is this possible during a lunch break, or should I do this after hours? Thanks!

Ryan
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 09:23 AM
the phone system reset will only take a few seconds, the restore system doesn't take long either ..... since i'm not sure what vms you are talking about .... i wouldn't think but a couple minutes for the vms.
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 09:23 AM
whoops ... i didn't anser your question .... lunchtime should be fine .....
Posted By: dtmf Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/09/04 04:11 PM
On the Partner II the program #728 will save your settings and reset the switch, the only way you will loose programming is if the batt is bad and then you would have to re-program the switch as the Partner II doesn't support the backup and restore pc card.

Posted By: gkar Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/11/04 08:42 AM
Whay type of VoiceMail?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/11/04 10:13 AM
gkar,
From his post it sounds like he has a Partner mail stand alone unit.
Posted By: MonteSSman42 Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/14/04 08:26 AM
that is correct, it is a partner mail stand alone unit. I just got back from vacation, and i will be resetting them both at lunch today. Thanks again for the help,

Ryan
Posted By: MonteSSman42 Re: Message light & VMBOX button - 07/14/04 12:38 PM
Just a question. I have 3 different 206 modules in the system... a 206EC R4.1, a 206 R4.0, and a 206 EC R3.1 . The processor is R4.1. The mail system extensions are plugged into the 206 EC R3.1. Do these modules all support the message waiting light, or is that my problem??
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help