atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davem Partner VM calling operator every few mins - 08/02/04 02:19 PM
every few minutes the VM is calling the operator (ext. 10). The phone rings once, the intercom button lights, and VMS displays on the phone. Pushing the intercom button when this happens does't answer the call. I can watch the lights on the VM and see it breifly go off hook when this happens. I even deleted box 10 and it still happened. Any ideas?
Posted By: gkar Re: Partner VM calling operator every few mins - 08/02/04 02:42 PM
What type of VoiceMail & version? I have seen the wrong release or incompatable VM's call ext. 10 when trying to sync the clock or light lights for mailbox extensions that don't exist in the 2 digit dialplan.
Do you have guest mailboxes with the same extension number as one of the voice mail ports?
Posted By: davem Re: Partner VM calling operator every few mins - 08/03/04 05:43 AM
The VM is a stand alone PC type Partner Voice Messaging System ver 1.8, the processor is Partner II ver 3.0
Posted By: davem Re: Partner VM calling operator every few mins - 08/03/04 05:44 AM
We deleted all vm boxes except those being used by real stations.
If you have mailboxes on the VM port extensions, when a message is left and the MW "light" is turned on for the extension, the VM port sees it as a ring. But of course it is a false ring, VM answers, doesn't get any mode codes, and as a last resort does a transfer to the operator. That's your one false intercom ring at Ext. 10.
Posted By: davem Re: Partner VM calling operator every few mins - 08/04/04 08:56 AM
As it turns out, the station port was going bad. We moved the vm to a different port and problem was solved.

Thanks for the other ideas.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help