atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm Legend DSS blinking LED - 08/14/04 04:52 PM
Working on a Merlin Legend 5.0 that has a MLX20
console w a DSS that has a flashing red lite next to an extension. Might that mean that extension has messages? I can't find any reference to this in the manuals.
Posted By: gkar Re: Legend DSS blinking LED - 08/15/04 08:36 AM
A blinking DSS light could mean a few things. In Hotel mode it would flash to show when telephones are restricted, the room is not occupied. When a Call Center Supervisior has the DSS it will flash fast when an extension is logged into the group or flash slow when The extension is logged out of the group and the After Call Work feature is active. You would have to touch the message active status button on the DSS (last row first button on left)to see who has messages. If then you have a flashing light it means that numbered Calling group queue is at or above Threshold 1 and below Threshold 3. Not an individual ext.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Legend DSS blinking LED - 08/15/04 12:04 PM
Thamks for the info. Hotel mode sounds like the issue. this IS a motel, and the extension IS restricted from outside calls (suddenly). I have changed it to "unrestricted", but not sure if this will change the ARS settings for this extension. I will try changing it in Tables, if this doesn't work.

Are there any manuals or docs available for Hotel mode (Hospitality packages?) ? I have the online manuals here, which are great 99% of the time, but that is a standalone.

Thanks again!
Posted By: gkar Re: Legend DSS blinking LED - 08/15/04 02:39 PM
If you have the manuals look up "Extension Status". That is Hotel-mode for a Legend. To program I think is under Options.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Legend DSS blinking LED - 08/16/04 10:43 AM
I found it- it IS under "Options".

Manual reads-
ES1(F761): Led flashing-room is unoccupied, ready for cleaning, ext restricted
ES2(F762): Led on-room is vacant, ext is restricted
ESoff(F760)-Led off-room is occupied, ext unrestricted

So-To turn off light AND to unrestrict the phone- press ESoff key or dial feature 760 on the DSS. yeah!

I guess the only difference between ES1 and ES2 is -the room is cleaned. Interesting!

Now I know the difference between "unoccupied" and "vacant". https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/icons/icon10.gif
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/icons/icon10.gif

Thanks for the help.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help