atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kato1969 New Phone Service - 08/31/04 09:09 AM
Need steps to switch an already installed Magix System from Key mode to Hybrid.
Customer signed on with a discount carrier and wants users to use only the discounted lines.
Is it worth the programming trouble?
Customer has voice-mail.
Thanks
Posted By: HtownDan Re: New Phone Service - 08/31/04 02:09 PM
its not to big of a deal. you lost me on the discounted line thing. are they adding a bunch more because of the price, thus requiring a line pool versus line appearances?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: New Phone Service - 08/31/04 07:46 PM
sounds like they are trying to do a least cost routing thing the easy way, a line group of lower cost LD lines instead of building a table.
mark
Posted By: kato1969 Re: New Phone Service - 09/01/04 07:42 AM
They have 14 lines and they're converting 6 of these lines to a Freedom Package with unlimited calling,and they're keeping the other lines basic. The lines being converted are lines 9-14 and they grab from lines 1-8 by default to make an outside call.
Thanks for the response.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: New Phone Service - 09/01/04 08:14 AM
you should set up least cost routing or automatic route selection whatever magix calls it, so that all long distance calls go out over the freedom lines and local calls go on the POTS lines.
mark
Posted By: kato1969 Re: New Phone Service - 09/01/04 08:36 AM
So,in order to do that,I have to set the system up for PBX mode,which leads back to my initial question.
Thanks
Posted By: 2-wire Re: New Phone Service - 09/01/04 11:10 AM
You can add lines to a pool thru line programming. After that you can go into automatic route selection and have LD calls hit the new pool you created first. Then they can overflow to whatever you want as a backup for LD calling.

good luck,

2wire
Posted By: Z-man Re: New Phone Service - 09/01/04 11:08 PM
Changing the setting will mean changinf the programming and lables. If you have never worked on a magic, you should contact one of the installers to help you off line.
Posted By: kato1969 Re: New Phone Service - 09/02/04 06:56 AM
Thanks Z-man.
That's what I was trying to avoid.
There are a lot of personal settings for the phones that I didn't want to have to re-program.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help