atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: djweis IP600 problems - 09/15/04 06:35 AM
Has anyone had problems with an IP600 system having one way and no way audio? Calls will come into an ACD group and be picked up but audio doesn't work correctly. Caller ID and everything shows up but there is no voice path. The phones are IP and on the far end of a pair of bonded t1's. I can gather version info if you tell me where to look, I've only worked on G3 Definity systems, not any IP ones.
Thanks
dave
Posted By: gkar Re: IP600 problems - 09/15/04 06:49 AM
Reseat your Med-Pro card. Make sure you keep up with the latest firmware available for it.
Posted By: djweis Re: IP600 problems - 09/15/04 08:00 AM
What is the process for determining firmware version on that card? Also, they don't currently have a maintenance contract on the system. Is that the only way to legitimately get the firmware, or can you buy a single one? The numbers I did find on the main cards are:

TN795 V5 Processor
TN799C V3 CLAN
TN2302AP VH3F34 Media Processor

Thanks
dave
Posted By: djweis Re: IP600 problems - 09/15/04 09:00 AM
Minor update, I found out more about the medpro:

HW03 FW075

dave
Posted By: gkar Re: IP600 problems - 09/19/04 10:26 AM
Firmware is available free at Avaya.com You will also see the intructions needed.
Posted By: adclark Re: IP600 problems - 09/26/04 10:28 AM
One way voice (or no voice) is not unusual in VoIP systems whilst they are getting settled in. The signaling goes via a different route to the voice packets and hence the call management function can think it's established a call when the IP endpoints can't actually talk to each other.

You need to ensure that the routers between the IP phones are configured to allow voice traffic, as well as look for equipment configuration problems. Also firewall routers can introduce problems in mapping IP addresses.

The www.voiptroubleshooter.com site has more info on this type of problem.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help