atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: willwatson Need Winspm - 09/16/04 05:59 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to the phone system biz and I'm having to teach myself alot. I have a Merlin Legend system that I need to reprogram and I've found out so far that I need Winspm to program it. Does anyone have a copy I can get, and tell me what cables I might need. That way I can start figureing some of this out. Any help would be appreciated. Will Watson
Posted By: dtmf Re: Need Winspm - 09/16/04 06:36 PM
www.avaya.com you can get it there along with the upgrade patches
Posted By: willwatson Re: Need Winspm - 09/16/04 06:49 PM
Yes, I've found all the patches there, but unless I'm just not seeing the software...its not there. I found a bunch of people selling winspm ver8 for about 80 bucks, but this is going to be a once or twice thing at work and dont really want to payout that much right know...know what I mean?
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Need Winspm - 09/16/04 08:00 PM
Please complete your profile.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Need Winspm - 09/16/04 08:01 PM
contact one of the Avaya moderators directly via the email in thier profile. If you are not a certified tech on this product an appropriate fee will probably be charged. 80 bucks is cheap, compared to the cost of certification.
Posted By: willwatson Re: Need Winspm - 09/16/04 08:27 PM
My apologies for not explaining myself more clearly. I am a maintenance tech here in KC and maintain all aspects of our plant except our phone system and security systems. I was asked if I could figure out how to change a couple of functions on our phone system (instead of 3 phones dropping into one answering machine, 3phones-3answering machines) and something with our "night ring". With the research I've done, I thought I might start with a trial version of Winspm. It would be nice to learn, and I could save us a $500-1000 service call. I am not trying to take anything (money) away from the Professionals nor cheating Avaya out of 80 bucks. I was just trying to help myself and my company. I will just tell them I wont be able to help and call a programmer to come in.

Thanks...Will
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help