atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Thornhil Merlin II with Mail - 09/22/04 06:10 AM
Customer has a Merlin II with Merlin Mail (old)not y2k. Have to go back to 1984 to set a date and time. Incoming lines and lead numbers of mail are in GCD # 875 they answer fine, when you key in extension to transfer it will ring that extension but after set number of rings does not go to mail box, comes back to attendent. What did we miss. Thanks Tony
Posted By: Z-man Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/22/04 08:28 AM
First thing, save your self some trouble and upgrade to a Legend processor. You will enhance the features and have a system that was actually designed to have voice mail.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/22/04 10:54 AM
They lost 2 ports recently and won't even go for a ref 408 atl card.
Posted By: ttech Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/22/04 11:35 AM
The extentions have put into the group cover and you also have to make sure that the transfer return setting is set higher than the group cover delay. opn that release Cover delay is system wide and all extention with group coverage will have the same cover delay
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/22/04 11:56 AM
I've looked in Admin under all the headings and I can't find group cover, I find group call under stations but again unable to locate group cover. Again I looked under all 13 headings in Admin with no luck.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/22/04 06:49 PM
I haven't had to work on one in 5 years, but I don't think the merlin II has group cover. It was not intended to have voice mail. That was the major difference in the Legend.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/22/04 07:06 PM
What do you have your Trans set as
Posted By: ttech Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/22/04 09:27 PM
I was thinking of the old legends. I think with the merlin II systems, the VM uses supervised transfers. if that is the case the culprit would be the VM system. I will dig out the docs tomorrow and see what I find
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/23/04 04:15 AM
Under stations I find a AA/VMS heading but , again , unable to input anything as far as covering the extensions.
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Merlin II with Mail - 09/23/04 04:19 AM
PS, if I use supervised transfer in the COS then when you pick up the extension the called party has to say something before the AA passes the call thru. Is that correct
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help