atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mbrown Avaya Contract - 09/29/04 03:24 PM
I know this is a vague question, but does anyone have any tips to reduce your monthly service agreement charges with Avaya? Does Avaya require you to have sets (eg MLX10DPs) on contract?

We are stuck with 18 months left on a $700/mo service contract.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avaya Contract - 09/29/04 03:51 PM
How many phones do you have on your system?
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avaya Contract - 09/29/04 03:51 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but does anyone have any tips to reduce your monthly service agreement charges with Avaya?</font>
yes one! Don't buy service agreements in the first place, I could sell you 7 MLX10DP a month for that price, over the next 18 months you could have purchased 126 MLX10DP phones at $ 700.00 a month times 18.
can you cancel it? It isn't worth the money what so ever. Get your system service when it gets into trouble, if that happens with -in the next 18 months.
Avaya's a rip off when it comes to service agreements.
Good Luck

------------------
&#0124;&#0124; Need a Telephone &#0124;&#0124; Telecom Bulletin Board
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya Contract - 09/29/04 05:29 PM
Ouch $12,600.00 for service. Is that on top of what you paid for the system. I hope that covers the equipment if it goes out to. If not I would try and get out of it.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Avaya Contract - 09/29/04 05:43 PM
aren't those high priced service agreements great! You bet it will break, they bet it won't, and you hope they win. For 700 a month they win no matter what! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by markk (edited September 29, 2004).]
Posted By: mbrown Re: Avaya Contract - 09/30/04 06:57 AM
Answering questions above... The contract covers 3 full cabinets with mostly Legend cards, some Magix, an external CSU/DSU for a 100D, and 83 phones. This is only service; the system has been "paid for" for several years now.

Of course, it seems much cheaper to continue expanding to a second Magix with service, than buying a new system.

Thanks for the comments. Any other suggestions? Anyone get a discount for prepayment? I was told you _had_ to include phone sets on contract - true?
Posted By: paul144 Re: Avaya Contract - 09/30/04 06:58 AM
OMG, at $700/month, they could replace every card in the system a couple of times and still come out ahead!
Posted By: mbrown Re: Avaya Contract - 09/30/04 08:08 AM
Yeah, we could probably keep an inventory of our own parts and it would be a lot cheaper. I just don't want my neck on the line if the system were to be totally down for some reason.
Posted By: Spuds Re: Avaya Contract - 09/30/04 09:50 AM
If you could get out of that contract and save $700 per month and you worked for me I don't think your neck would be on the line. I think I would give you a raise. How long have you had the system? And how many problems have you had? Evaluate it based on this.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Avaya Contract - 09/30/04 09:52 AM
Where are you at? We can probably find you a reliable local vendor to service you and provide parts for far less.
Posted By: mbrown Re: Avaya Contract - 09/30/04 01:15 PM
Excellent points. The system has been very reliable... I think it has been installed 5 years. We are in Memphis, TN.
Posted By: upstateny Re: Avaya Contract - 10/01/04 05:43 AM
Look in your local phone book - call the Avaya Business Partners and talk to them until you find one, or more, who say that they will provide you service on a time and materials basis, check their references and cancel your contract. Just make sure they stock enough spare parts to get you back in service without having to order eqpt. overnight. We have many customers who have saved thousands of dollars by doing this and several have upgraded with us without shopping because they liked our honesty and service. Sorry to say we are in Albany, NY and not Memphis otherwise i coudl help you out.
Posted By: dialtone Re: Avaya Contract - 10/05/04 07:47 AM
E-mail me if you are still looking for someone to maintain your system.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help