atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: codasco704 Partner PC cards - 11/01/04 03:03 PM
Since I'm looking for a partner system for my home, I am just going to go thru eBay for my rquipment. There are numerous new/unused processors available, but some do not include a PC card. My understanding from the manual is that when I first power up the system, it will not initialize unless I have a PC card in the slot. So if for some reason I wind up with no PC card, do I have a useless system until I obtain one?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner PC cards - 11/01/04 03:13 PM
They don't need the PC card to run, the PC card you are talking about is for a one time upgrade and depending on the PC card it may be a [remote and backup and restore card]
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Partner PC cards - 11/01/04 03:20 PM
ooh..good. That wouldn;t be too great to buy my system and then have to turn around and shell out more $$ for the stupid PC card...thanks for the info
Posted By: nectec Re: Partner PC cards - 11/01/04 05:23 PM
You don't need a pc card to use the Partner system. They are for advanced features like backup and restore of the database, remote access and administration, voice mail, automatic system answer, direct extension dialing and software release update. If you want to use a feature provided by a pc card later you can add it then with no problem. You just have to be sure the system is powered down when adding or removing a pc card. When a pc card is added and the system is powered up the system recognizes the card and sets some default parameters, Each type of pc card comes with its own set programming instructions.
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Partner PC cards - 11/01/04 05:30 PM
That's what I thought. The manual just threw me off..when I think of initializing, I think of re-setting to factory defaults or setting up the system for the first time....Avaya should re-word their manual.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help