atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: codasco704 price difference - 11/01/04 08:02 PM
I was browsing Telbroker...and found that a new 18d set is $179, and a refurb is $175......so why in god's name would someone not spend the extra $4 and get a brand new one???.........i dont see how the refurbs would sell all that well?
Posted By: KENB Re: price difference - 11/02/04 03:59 AM
THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM TO END USERS AS WELL
AS THE TRADE
DO YOU THINK ITS THE BEST PLACE TO DISCUSS TRADE PRICES ??????
HOW ABOUT THE INSTALLERS FORUM BELOW ??
refurbs are scarce so prices are high
[This message has been edited by KENB (edited November 02, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited November 02, 2004).]
Posted By: ttech Re: price difference - 11/02/04 06:31 AM
They are not really TRADE prices anymore. I wish they were though. I am running into more and more customers snooping around online and finding prices that are equal to or better than what I am paying.

It is as much the fault of the online vendor as it is the end user.

I am not the type to Grossly mark up equipment but I mark it up enough to make it worthhwile.

I have a customer now that I quoted an NEC DS2000 to and he said he can buy it cheaper online and it would also be new. I could lower my price and make about 7% or just let him buy the stuff himself. I am getting ready to tell him to go ahead and buy it online and when the dial by name on the intra mail dosen't dial by name because the system was shipped wih the previous software, I can charge him for a software upgrade I would have done for free.

"There were no trade prices listed in this post"

------------------
www.designandsecurity.com
Posted By: Test-ok Re: price difference - 11/02/04 10:31 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">so why in god's name would someone not spend the extra $4 and get a brand new one???.........i dont see how the refurbs would sell all that well?</font>
Your fine in asking that. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

You answered your own question. why in god's name would someone not spend the extra $4 and get a brand new one??
Refurbed partner 18-D's cost as much as new ones...so we say the same thing...why? and it usually works...but then there's times we get calls for the refurbed units and have to call to talk em into the extra 4 dollars for the new and if they insists on the refurbed we send them new ones. lol marketing tactic. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers
Posted By: codasco704 Re: price difference - 11/02/04 11:03 AM
I see....
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help