atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: paul144 MLX-10D vs MLX-10DP (16D vs 16DP) - 11/16/04 11:48 AM
This may be a dumb question, but are there any functional differences or compatibility issues between the MLX-10D and the MLX-10DP?
Are the phones, as it appears, functionaly the same?
I have the same set of questions on the MLX-16D vs the MLX-16DP. I know about the differences internal to the phones. Are any of these not usable in place of the others?
Thanx.
Posted By: txfoneman Re: MLX-10D vs MLX-10DP (16D vs 16DP) - 11/16/04 01:44 PM
the DP models are for "Passageway Direct Connection Solution" .... pc integration to the mlx phone .... worthless ... unless your using passageway .. (doubtful) [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: HtownDan Re: MLX-10D vs MLX-10DP (16D vs 16DP) - 11/16/04 05:12 PM
to follow up on what rick said. these phones can be interchangeable in a normal environment. if you are running passageway then you have to have them. if not then it doesn't matter which you use.
You can also be sure that the "DP" phones have the newer version of the flex board, and are not plagued by the "sleepy set" problem, where the phone stops functioning after being plugged in for a while, then starts working again after being unplugged for a while, only to fail again!
Posted By: paul144 Re: MLX-10D vs MLX-10DP (16D vs 16DP) - 11/17/04 06:29 AM
Thanx guys. I know about the improved keypad design. I asked because a guy called (supposedly an installer) and wanted a 10D. I only have the DP in stock right now and he told me that it was not compatible. My understanding is that it is completely compatible and, because of the flex circuit issue, preferable.
But I thought that I should double check to make sure that there wasn't some system out there that could not handle the DP.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help