atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rentfrow Station is busy - 12/01/04 08:32 AM
About once a month one of our fax extentions on our Definity will go busy and since all of the IT staff that knew anything about it really is long gone the rest of us are kind of clueless on these kinds of problems. In the past we have called Avaya but I would like to save some money on a service call. We do basic things like adding and removing stations but thats about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: escomm12 Re: Station is busy - 12/01/04 09:28 AM
Status the fax extension from the admin terminal, and see if it is call forwarded. Also on the same page you can see if the send calls has been activated as well. If it shows up as forwarded, simply enter the codes for call forward cancel, or send calls cancel. Sometimes people will forget to include a 9 when sending out faxes, and they accidently enter the call forward or send calls code (if it is close to a dialed number). Example: call forward code is 123 and someone is sending a fax to a number that starts with 1-23x and they forget the 9, you can see the pattern.
Posted By: rentfrow Re: Station is busy - 12/01/04 09:54 AM
I used the following command: "status station 5406" and I could not see a place where it said it was forwarded it did say that no equipment was assigned. The thing is these are inbound fax extensions.

Thanks
Posted By: kingtel Re: Station is busy - 12/01/04 11:06 AM
What Definity are you using?
What do you do to clear the busy?
Your problem could be the fax machine not releasing the line. Have you swapped machines yet?
Could be the port card also.
Posted By: gkar Re: Station is busy - 12/01/04 04:09 PM
Looks like it losts its port. Unless its a DID for a Fax server. This could be caused by alot of things. TTI or lost its coverage to the fax server. I suggest you contact someone local who could assist you. If you need remote help you can contact me.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help