atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: melinuser1866 Automatic Line Assignment ?'s - 12/13/04 01:21 PM
I have a Legend 2.0 system with MLX phones. Recently we had a power outage that reset the programming memory in the system. The lines are SA lines and by default the system is picking up for outside dial the SA Ring line rather than the SA Orig. This is causing some diffculty in getting an outside line majority of the time. Please advise on how to reset the Automatic Line Selection using a MLX-20L. I was told this was possible, but am unsure where to find on system menu.
THANKS!

[This message has been edited by melinuser1866 (edited December 13, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by melinuser1866 (edited December 13, 2004).]
Posted By: locg Re: Automatic Line Assignment ?'s - 12/13/04 04:45 PM
try restoring from pc card but i dont think that old legend has back and restore. here are the steps to restore
menu
system program
exit
system
restore.
or try to program it yourself
go in button progamming and choose
auto line sel. I dont know feature code to make it easier on you bbut im sure someone will jump in and tell you
Posted By: ttech Re: Automatic Line Assignment ?'s - 12/13/04 05:38 PM
R2 legends did not have Backup-restore cards.

Anyway it sounds like you have lines assigned to the pools that are spare line ports.

Check the line assignments of pool 70

Don
Posted By: melinuser1866 Re: Automatic Line Assignment ?'s - 12/14/04 07:45 AM
Thanks for the help. We got the system successfully restored all except the Line Selection. Check in Pool 70? I will give that a whirl.
Again, thanks for the help.
Posted By: ttech Re: Automatic Line Assignment ?'s - 12/14/04 03:09 PM
When a user goes off hook and dials 9 The Automatic Route selection picks a POOL to dial out. Generally 70. If you have 6 lines in the system (lines 801-806) but 8 lines (801-808) are assigned to the pool, 2 out of every 8 outgoing call will try to use the Vacant lines and the user will have "dead air".

The issue is NOT weather the you use the SA ring, SA Voice or SA Orig.

Do you know why the SA Orig. is there?

Now if you really think that auti line selection is going to be you cure do this

Go to the phone, press Feature 00, dial *14, press the line keys in the order that you want them to be accessed (the green light next to the button will come on when it is selected), dial **14, and Feature *00 to exit.

Or you can do it through SPM under Centralized Telephone programming.

Don

[This message has been edited by ttech (edited December 14, 2004).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help