atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pa_foneguy Announcement transfer??? - 12/17/04 03:01 PM
I am trying to program a transfer on a G3si using an announcement and am having problems. The way it works now is: if a caller hits option #2 they are routed to a VDN which hits a vector containing two steps, a single announcement number and a stop. If I dial the announcmet it is a series of tones which I'm guessing represent the number on the other end. I am at a loss as to how to duplicate this for a new transfer that I need to program. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: gkar Re: Announcement transfer??? - 12/18/04 09:17 AM
An announcement should be a voice recording giving the caller instructions. If you want a transfer you would need a step that collects digits during the annoucement then routes the caller to those digits.
Posted By: gkar Re: Announcement transfer??? - 12/18/04 09:26 AM
Example:
1. waite-time 0 seconds hearing silence
2. collect 4 digits after announcement 1004(You have reached our company. Please dial a 4-digit extension or wait for the attendant.)
3. route-to digits with coverage y
4. route to number 0 with cov n if unconditionally
5. stop
Posted By: pa_foneguy Re: Announcement transfer??? - 12/20/04 08:57 AM
Yeah, I would agree with you as well on this one. However this is how Avaya reps programmed the switch to begin with. I can't seem to find any reference to this in any of their documentation. When transferring to a certain number, it hits a vector that only has an announcement in it.
Posted By: ken_07734 Re: Announcement transfer??? - 12/21/04 12:31 AM
It sounds like the announcement is actually playing DTMF when answered, the only options I can think of for this type of announcement would be for an IVR or similiar type of equipment that is listening for TT's to route a call. In an ordinary transfer the switch wouldn't need to hear that kind of DTMF. In the case of mode code for a voicemail application the switch would generate DTMF when the voice port answered to route the call to the appropriate mailbox, etc. does the first line of the vector read "Collect or just announcement?
Posted By: pa_foneguy Re: Announcement transfer??? - 12/21/04 07:57 AM
Actually the first line of the vector reads:

"route to number 59319 with coverage y unconditionally"

If you play 59319, it's a series of tones that I would imagine are accomplishing what you described earlier.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help