atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Trucker Qsig integration between S8700 and CTX - 12/22/04 12:25 PM
It seems that none of the folks at Avaya or Toshiba can help us out. Does anybody know of anyone who has been able to successfully integrate an Avaya G3 switch to any Toshiba CTX switch?

------------------
If it doesn't ring, I can't help you
You can put a boat on a ship but you can't out a ship on a boat.
Posted By: Trucker Re: Qsig integration between S8700 and CTX - 12/23/04 05:28 AM
Thanks for the help!!
Posted By: junkman Re: Qsig integration between S8700 and CTX - 12/23/04 07:47 AM
Since Qsig is supposed to be a standard, it should work for at least the basic functions. Specifics like call groups, voice mail, dss/blf, and stuff like that might not. I'll help any way I can, I work with computers and Toshiba stuff.
Posted By: Trucker Re: Qsig integration between S8700 and CTX - 12/23/04 07:58 AM
Thanks Junkman

This is what we are trying to do. We have about 48 CTX's out there in the field and they are all talking via QSIG. What we want to do is have our Avaya S8700 use the CTX in our lab for a gateway. We know it can be done because The New Yoork Times and others are doing it.

Let me give an example of wht we are trying to accomplish here.

I dial 6550 from the Avaya phone here in the corporate office. Avaya sends this call to the lab CTX and the lab CTX sends the call to the the CTX in the field which is node 6550.

I am certain that I have the CTX set up right so I guess my problem in on the Avaya switch.
Posted By: gkar Re: Qsig integration between S8700 and CTX - 12/24/04 05:45 PM
You can do what you want with QSIG. Its not complex but if you are not familar with avaya routing with DCS/QSIG conversion and UDP planning with the dial plan it can be too complex to completly outline on this forum. First are your trunks & d-chan up and in service?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help