atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm Partner Auto Fax problems - 12/26/04 08:58 PM
I was called to repair an auto fax problem on a Partner v6 with Messaging VM connected to a Castelle 5000 FaxPress. The system was set up by assigning 4 fax extensions to use 4 different fax lines, using the HG8 method (not the AA voicemail method). This was my first look at Partner auto fax setup and the Fax line saver.
The system had worked fine until a vendor moved the system last week. After the move, all incoming calls got fax tone. My solution was to unassign system lines from the fax extensions., which cleared the problem.
I have two concerns-
1. by removing the system lines(leaving only a fax line per ext.), aren't they losing the fax line saver ? Sharing fax lines with system lines (usually isolate fax lines) is new to me. Is this a practical solution, or is this usually problematic? I am hesitant to re-assign any system lines, as the problem comes back.

2. Is anyone familiar with using an efax solution like the Castelle 5000? It allows faxes to appear on PC. It was designed to use analog lines, but was installed using digital fax extensions instead, using T&R only-no data leads. Doesn't look quite right..
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Auto Fax problems - 12/27/04 12:21 PM
With [Fax Line Saver], you have to trans manually or use a Fax Management button, from your post it sounds like they are using four lines for fax's. It sounds like you have got it solved.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Partner Auto Fax problems - 12/27/04 08:59 PM
This morning the fax was calling various extensions internally, instead of calling out. I was able to resolve this, but I had to restore the line assignments. No problems this time around. Maybe removing the ringing on fax extensions did the trick.

It works, but darned if I understand how-
The 4 fax machines each have a dedicated analog line (none of them are tied to the Partner). The Partner system connects to the fax server via the fax extensions.
- I see no way for the lines to access the system.

Might the 4 fax lines be pointed to one of the 10 system numbers ? Customer doesn't know, and didn't want me calling and testing the lines during work hours (maybe later,after hours, if necessary). It's the only way I can explain it's functioning unless I am missing something. Sound right?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help