atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: codasco704 Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/09/05 11:50 AM
From what I've read on the forums, ACS 6 can do trunk-to-trunk transfers. How do you do this?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/09/05 01:22 PM
The feature is called [Remote Call Forwarding]

First you must activate remote call forwarding for your station (#322), And program a personal speed dial for the outside number to be forwarded to.

To use it press Feature 11 then dial your station number then dial the speed dial (80-99)

To turn it off press Feature 11 and dial your station number twice.

You can also put the feature on a button if you want.

It will use two lines to forward the calls and uses the Auto Line Selection for that station to determine what lines it uses.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited January 09, 2005).]
Posted By: nectec Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/09/05 06:15 PM
Be aware that when doing trunk to trunk transfers that the call volume will be much lower on the forwarded line than on the originating line. The Partner ACS does not have a conference bridge.
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/10/05 08:54 PM
No way to directly transfer a call..e.g. someone calls and asks for someone that is not in, so I transfer to a cell phone?
Posted By: nectec Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/10/05 09:16 PM
You could do it a couple of ways. You could use the conference feature (probably with low volume problems) or you could get 3 way calling from the local exchange provider and program a autodial button including the flash. Once you answer the call just hit the autodial button for the number you want and hang up for a unscreened transfer or remain on the line until the called party answers for a screened transfer. Once the called party answers announce the transfer, hang up and the two external parties will remain connected.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/11/05 06:54 AM
Remote call forwarding will forward all intercom, transferred and outside calls from your extension to your outside number.
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/11/05 07:29 PM
Does a remote forwarding extension have to be a system phone? Hope not, becasue then I could just be a cheapo single line phone and put it in a closet or something.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/11/05 07:37 PM
Yes you can use a single set.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/11/05 08:47 PM
You don't even need to have a phone plugged into the extension port, although you MUST physically have the port. You can program the forwarding number from Ext. 10 or 11, and turn the forwarding on or off from any extension.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/12/05 07:15 AM
True true true [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: nectec Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/12/05 09:38 AM
codasco704 wrote:
No way to directly transfer a call..e.g. someone calls and asks for someone that is not in, so I transfer to a cell phone?
Do you want the system to transfer the calls or do you want to transfer them manually?

[This message has been edited by nectec (edited January 12, 2005).]
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Partner trunk-to-trunk transfer - 01/12/05 10:52 PM
I'd either like to transfer them directly, or have an unused extension remotely forward calls..........i tried it last night. I plugged in a system set into an unused port, set forwarding up and it worked.....so i unplugged the set and it stopped working.....tried to set it from extension ten and only got a turkey tone.....
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help