atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sullyd Legend R7 - 01/14/05 06:58 AM
I have a legend with a r7 processor, 1-008, 2-408 mlx and a 007mlm voice mail card. All phones are 28d except for the op position which is a 20L with a dss. With the dss plugged in after about 6 or so hours the dss will stop working and the phone (20L) starts acting up. I have replaced the processor, the phone, and have tried 3 different dss. I have moved them to other op positions on the system and they still do the same thing. I have been struggling with this for about 2 months now and really use some other ideas on where to look now.
Thanks,
David
Posted By: BW Telecom Re: Legend R7 - 01/14/05 08:27 AM
The first thing I would check is wiring. Does it have a full 4-pair all the way to the console? Power is fed on the brown/white pair, absolutely needed when there is a dss. It might possibly need an aux power supply at console.
Posted By: 2-wire Re: Legend R7 - 01/14/05 08:43 AM
Have you run a error report to see what might have happened at 6 PM in the switch?

This might help solve the problem.

good luck

2wire
Posted By: gkar Re: Legend R7 - 01/14/05 08:59 AM
Check the wiring and then replace the power supply. Or, localy power the DSS with a ks1151B power supply.
Posted By: Spuds Re: Legend R7 - 01/14/05 04:40 PM
I agree Test wire from end to end. Splices etc. and the distance it runs. I have also run into this as the others have stated. Resolution.... Local power.

Mike

------------------
| Business Telephones | Telephone Systems
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help