atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DancingBear Partner Mail VS Questions - 01/22/05 01:13 PM
Hi folks! Just discovered this site and am I impressed! I am an IT geek who got stuck with a Partner Plus phone system. The hard drive is failing on our Partner Mail VS R3.0 module. I have 3 questions.

1) I have other 2.5" hard drives available is there some way to program defaults onto a formatted drive.

2) Do the repair kits I see available on the web (see link provided below) include a harddrive or a method of reprogramming?https://www.nyteldirect.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=17

3) Does anyone know anywhere I can purchase refurbished parts in the boston area?

Thanks in advance folks and keep up the good work, great site.

DancingBear
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Mail VS Questions - 01/22/05 03:27 PM
If it is your drive and there is no other problems then I would say that there replacement drive would do the trick, I haven't dealt with them so I can say how well they work. As for the Boston area I can't help you there.
Posted By: DancingBear Re: Partner Mail VS Questions - 01/22/05 05:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dtmf:
[B]If it is your drive and there is no other problems then I would say that there replacement drive would do the trickQUOTE]

I tried putting the drive in and the green lights appeared to go thru a POST process and went to green but I was unable to get the system into programming mode. When I put the damaged drive back I was able to get into programming mode but any messages left get cut off after a few seconds.

TIA
DancingBear
Posted By: BW Telecom Re: Partner Mail VS Questions - 02/03/05 08:39 AM
You have to use a hard drive with the Partner Mail software on it. In other words, there is no operting system on the module, it all loads from the hard drive.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Mail VS Questions - 02/03/05 10:35 AM
It seems that they only sell the drive without the software on it.
Posted By: DancingBear Re: Partner Mail VS Questions - 02/03/05 03:22 PM
OK folks here is the scoop!

I ordered the drive from the link I posted earlier in this discussion and what arrived was a hard drive and nothing else.

I plugged the drive into a removeable system that I have for working on drives and there was a 350 MB fat partition on the drive (It was an IBM 350 MB 2.5" drive.

I put fat partition on another 350 mb 2.5" drive (seagate) that I had kicking around and copied the data over. Data is a bunch of folders with numeric names.

I plugged this drive into the phone system and it didn't work! Plugged the drive I purchased in and it worked like a charm.

Oh yeah the partition was named "WhyRYoulooking" I didn't have any more time to mess with the system so that is the end of the story. I suspect that there were some special formatting parameters on the drive that I missed when I set up a default FAT partition.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Partner Mail VS Questions - 02/03/05 03:26 PM
Gotta love the IT guys sense of humor
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help