atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Trainwire Need more space on a Partner ACS - 02/10/05 05:30 AM
Here at the RR we have a Partner ACS R2, with a 308 main card, and 4 206 subs. It is maxed out. Is there any way to put in a "sub phone sytem"?

Here is what I would like to do. There is a vendor here that uses one third of the ext. I would like to put in a sub system to their establishment, to free up those extensions, yet be able to do all of the handy linking and forwarding that the partner does so well now.

I am "in charge" [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] of the phone system, but that means that I am the poor slob that gets to crawl around in the cobwebs running the cable. I have/can do some programming of the system, so I am not completely ignorant of it's workings.

Any Ideas from the pro's?

TW

edit to fix the speeeeling

[This message has been edited by Trainwire (edited February 10, 2005).]
Posted By: ttech Re: Need more space on a Partner ACS - 02/10/05 05:38 AM
You can add more 308 or 206 modules.
A maxed out partner in your case is 15 lines and 40 extentions (the 308 processor and 4 308 expansion modules)

~Don~

You may want to contact MARKK on the board. He is in GAP, PA And I'm not too far away either.

By the way are you at strasburg railroad or the Train Museum.

[This message has been edited by ttech (edited February 10, 2005).]
Posted By: KENB Re: Need more space on a Partner ACS - 02/10/05 06:15 AM
for every 206 you take out and put in a 308
you gain 1 outside line and 2 station ports
as above you can go to 15 lines x 40 stations in that box
GREAT RAILROAD
Posted By: Trainwire Re: Need more space on a Partner ACS - 02/10/05 11:36 AM
Thanks for the compliment.

We try very hard.

It's got 4 each of the 206 cards now. I was hoping to do this for less than buying cards but I guess not.

In looking at the updating from 206 to 308, What is the procedure? Do you put them in the last place on the right and the addtional ports then become the next extensions, or do you add them to the left, and have to move all of the extension wiring down two ports.

Thanks for the time. It is appreciated.

Steve AKA Trainwire
Posted By: locg Re: Need more space on a Partner ACS - 02/10/05 12:56 PM
put in first slot and all extentions move down 2
Posted By: dtmf Re: Need more space on a Partner ACS - 02/10/05 02:21 PM
If you are thinking about upgrading and spending money on the 308ec's, instead of buying 4 new 308's you could upgrade the processor to a R5,6 or 7 and then you can add the 012 station modules. Just a thought.
Posted By: Trainwire Re: Need more space on a Partner ACS - 02/11/05 05:17 AM
Thanks

now all I got to do is convince them to spend the money.<sigh>

TW
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help