atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LizWaters Adding Music On Hold to Lucent ACS - 02/11/05 10:56 AM
I have inherited responsibility for the phone system here and am a little "in-the-dark" about how to do this. We have the Lucent ACS 6054-P30 Module, a Lucent 60623 2 Slot Carrier, a Lucent 60557 308 EC Module and 10 4-line extensions.We are interested in adding Music on Hold but could not figure out where to get such an addition or what module we need to purchase. There is a receptacle for a standard audio jack to plug into that is marked Voice on Hold. Can someone tell me if we just buy any voice-on-hold system and plug it in, or is there a particular module we need to buy?
That should be all you need as far as equipment. Just connect an audio source to the audio jack on the processor module. Most likely Music On Hold will need to be enabled in system programming.
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Adding Music On Hold to Lucent ACS - 02/11/05 08:09 PM
Yup, the MOH port is just a standard RCA jack, like on a stereo. I use a continuous loop CD player. Just buy a mini-jack to componoent audio cable, plug the white (left) plug into the ACS, and Viola!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Adding Music On Hold to Lucent ACS - 02/11/05 09:04 PM
Don't waste your time and money on any "player" with moving parts, like a cd or cassette. Get a digital on hold system that stores your message on a chip or use a radio.
mark
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help