atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wade ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/21/05 09:21 AM
I recently changed our processor to an ACS r7 processor (we needed additional extensions) and we have a Partner Mail VS r1. I have been told that the PMVS card won't last more than 6 months and then we will have to upgrade to a PC card mail system that installs directly into the ACS card. Can anyone confirm that a failure is on the horizon with this configuration? Is there any reason for the failure and if so can I prevent it?
Posted By: KENB Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/21/05 09:53 AM
the vs mail has a hard drive and wil last as long as it lasts .
the r1 is a very old version of the vs mail and theres no way to know if it will last
5 minutes or 5 years
my v/m ha a drive almost 8 years old .yet i have customers that drives went i a year and a half
the mail card is a flash memory and no moving parts ,if you can wait until the drive fails and then wait a day or so to get replacement wait,
if u cant replace it now and have the comfort
p.s
please complete your profile

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited February 21, 2005).]
Posted By: Spuds Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/21/05 02:55 PM
Wade

Who is telling you that the voice mail will only last 6 months? I only wish I had the ability to predict with such accuracy the up coming failures for my customers. The voice mail system may last many more years.

Mike

------------------
| Business Telephones | Telephone Systems
Posted By: dtmf Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/21/05 03:29 PM
I agree. Sounds like somebody trying to make a sale to me, there is no way you can tell how long it will last. Could be 10 years or 1 day.
Posted By: wade Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/21/05 04:00 PM
The company who supports my telephone system is telling me this. Supposedly they got it from the people they call for technical support (Avaya?)

They are saying that for some reason this configuration won't last longer than 6 months based on past experience.

I plan on running this configuration until the vs mail card dies. I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing problems with this configuration and if there was anything I could do to prevent it.

Thank you for your help.
Posted By: Spuds Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/22/05 07:08 AM
Wade,

I see you are also in Boise. Email me and I will get some information to you regarding your voice mail.

Mike

------------------
| Business Telephones | Telephone Systems
Posted By: Z-man Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/22/05 10:12 AM
i would avoid getting the PC card mail that inserts into the processor as well. When it is time for a replacement go with a Partner Messaging or even better, a third party voice mail.
Posted By: wade Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/22/05 11:14 AM
Z-man,
Why would you avoid getting the PC card mail that plugs into the processor?
Posted By: locg Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/22/05 01:39 PM
sounds like somebody is a real good sales person to me. Ask that guy if he needs a job
Posted By: locg Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/22/05 01:44 PM
cause the pc card is like a answering machine. (hi leave a message after the tone). where as messaging would give you a directory, message forwarding, multiple auto attendants ect... ect.
Posted By: KENB Re: ACS r7 and PMVS r1 - 02/22/05 03:51 PM
maybe he only needs the features of the
pc card
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help