atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: OhioTelecom ACS loudspeaker nite ring - 02/22/05 07:31 PM
Is it possible for the ACS 7.0 to ring at nite thru the loudspeaker.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: ACS loudspeaker nite ring - 02/22/05 07:48 PM
Only if you have a ringing over paging adapter.

Something like a PagePal, or I'm sure Viking has something that would work.

You would take a station port, give it NO ring, put it in the Night Ring group, and connect it to the input of the adapter. The output of the adapter connects to the input of the page amplifier, and produces a "ringing" tone when it sees the station ring.
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: ACS loudspeaker nite ring - 02/26/05 11:35 AM
We are using a bogen TPU100B which has a ringer input, but when a station port is attached it is not ringing the PA. I have read the Bogen manual it says its a 90v port. I didnt have a meter with me at the time, but is the ring voltage from an ACS 7.0 that high? Do I need any thing else to get this to work?
Posted By: JBW Re: ACS loudspeaker nite ring - 02/26/05 04:33 PM
I did exactly like Touch Tone Tommy said using a pagepal and it worked fine. I don't know about the bogen.
JBW
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS loudspeaker nite ring - 02/26/05 06:21 PM
I've had this problem before. The Partner ring voltage is lower than 90V. I did measure it at one time, don't remember exactly what it was. Seems that this was not always the case as 206's and early ACS's are up there.
My problem was actually with the Partner doorphone made by Viking. This and other Viking products (like their elevator emergency phone) need 90V to pick up when called and the Partner won't supply it. I brought this to Viking's attention and went back and forth with some modifications to their products. Never did get them to work, maybe they do by now.

Sounds like a similar problem with the TPU-100. You should be able to use a contact closure for the night ring also. You might try a universal ring relay (40-150V) from Mike Sandman ( sandman.com ). Put the coil across the station port tip & ring and connect the NO contacts to the TPU-100.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help