atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man Pool Busy or OOS on PRI - 03/04/05 05:39 PM
working on a PRI with ATT. Can't dial in or out. D channel is up. the only alarm or error I get is Pool Busy or OOS.

does this mean that the legend has went out via the D channel and requested a trunk and gotten back a response from the switch? The ATT tech says they don't even see us on the D channel.

Help ASAP!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Pool Busy or OOS on PRI - 03/04/05 07:14 PM
Sounds like the B channels are not configured in the trunk group,not released,or I've had a bad DSX cross connect in the CO emulate the same problem. I would have them check and redheck the protocol translations.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Pool Busy or OOS on PRI - 03/04/05 08:47 PM
typo- make that recheck the protocol translations.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Pool Busy or OOS on PRI - 03/04/05 09:28 PM
well, after banging our heads, seems we had some corrupt program or something in the switch. once we cleaned it out and started over, it all worked fine. We were switching from a standard DS1 to PRI, so there was a need to get rid of some of that programming.
Posted By: ScoTTeL Re: Pool Busy or OOS on PRI - 03/16/05 09:29 PM
I had a similar response. I was turning up a fractional PRI with 11 channels. I was told the first 11 and D on 24. I built the circuit a week in advance. On cut day, same results. It turned out that the particular carrier likes to build their fracs from the bottom up. So basically the D was up, but no B channels assigned to the channels the carrier was looking for. **#@@?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help