atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jasonl Partner 2+Partner Mail VS release 3 - 03/07/05 07:46 AM
When people call in at night and get AA they have the option to leave a voicemail at any exts box, but when they leave a message they all goto one box. New to the whole phone systems and located 4 hours from this location or I might have figured it out...just want to have some thing to go on when I make the drive over, so it can be successful!
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner 2+Partner Mail VS release 3 - 03/07/05 07:50 AM
Need a little more info, could be selector codes that are set up causing it to go to one station.
Posted By: Jasonl Re: Partner 2+Partner Mail VS release 3 - 03/07/05 07:56 AM
I wish I could get more info but I am dealing with an end user and they know nothing!
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner 2+Partner Mail VS release 3 - 03/07/05 08:08 AM
You can call into the VS and log in as Admin and program it from anywhere.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner 2+Partner Mail VS release 3 - 03/07/05 08:16 PM
Most likely they tried to change the menu and messed up the selector codes.

You don't have to go there to fix this or even to determine the problem. Call into the system and select an extension as prompted. If you hear "transferring call to receptionist" they changed one or more selector codes.

Call in again, dial *7 when you hear the menu, then 99#, the password and #. Press 9 then 3 for the auto attendent. Press 1 for the day menu, then 6 to modify the menu.

Here you will be asked to enter a selector code from 1 to 9 or zero for the dial zero timeout action. This is where they messed up, they should have skipped over this part by pressing *# to go straight to recording the new menu.

You are going to enter the selector codes starting with 1 and make sure is set to direct extension transfer. (I'm going to assume that they have no announcements.)

When you are finished follow the prompts to save and exit without re-recording the menu.

-Hal
Posted By: Jasonl Re: Partner 2+Partner Mail VS release 3 - 03/08/05 03:18 PM
Your awesome!!!! I feel like I owe you something...like my job! Thanks again!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help