atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mars IP office Questions - 03/08/05 04:29 PM
We just got a Demo Kit for IP office I started playing with it, Initial set up was fairly simple, got all the phones set up 1 IP phone 2-4412D, and an analog phone.

I wanted to set up user log in in the phones I used the short codes for log out *36, when I tried to log in with *35*N# it said call could not be completed. I replaced N with the XXX but I think that is not correct.

Second thing I wasnt able to get the voice mail pro to work like an AA answering incomming calls on the first ring(Voicemail has me a little confused in general) If anyone has any sample voicemails that they could send me that I could look at and compare with what I have been doing that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance all the help availible here is great.
Posted By: gkar Re: IP office Questions - 03/08/05 05:48 PM
Make sure you have a login code set in the users config. This is the login on the telephony tab in user. The Incomming call destination should be VM:startpointname. I have seen this work with "" around the startpointname and without. The doc's contradict themselves.

[This message has been edited by gkar (edited March 08, 2005).]
Posted By: Mars Re: IP office Questions - 03/08/05 06:07 PM
thanks for the quick reply, what docs have you been using? I have the "Job Aids" and i gotta be honest those things have very little information that is helpful.
Posted By: Spuds Re: IP office Questions - 03/09/05 03:01 PM
The documentation for the IP Office leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think the Brits think the same way, or maybe it is just me. After you work around this product it all starts to come together. I do like the IP Office.

Mike

------------------
| Business Telephones | Telephone Systems
Posted By: Mars Re: IP office Questions - 03/09/05 04:18 PM
one of the first things i learned in phone work was stare and compare, would anyone be willing to share a config file for the IP Office and your voicemail back up file, this way i can kinda see what you are doing and then maybe have a model to work off of.
Posted By: gkar Re: IP office Questions - 03/10/05 05:13 AM
I use the the help from the manager application. this seems to cover everything. The Toolkit CD also has some good info.
Posted By: abeawada Re: IP office Questions - 04/21/05 10:15 PM
[I got the internal M.O.Hold to work on IP office but they told me if you shut the system down or any power outage you will lose the m.o.hold is that right ???

thanks

[This message has been edited by abeawada (edited April 21, 2005).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help