atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Normand Daoust 007 Voice mail - 03/16/05 09:44 PM
I just puchased a used Merlin Legend system on eBay, (Ebay Item #5755629343)and have a couple of questions. I have previous experience maintaining a Merlin Legend system with Audix. I don't have the password for the Voice Mail and was wondering if someone can tell me how to reset it. I haven't connected a printer or winSPM to it yet. I have looked around at the previous dial plan. I think I will start from scratch on programming it, so is there a quick way on defaulting the processor?

[This message has been edited by Normand Daoust (edited March 16, 2005).]
Posted By: gkar Re: 007 Voice mail - 03/17/05 05:49 AM
I can help you with both. But because you are requesting defaulting and password recovery I will not post that information. Feel free to email me.
Posted By: Normand Daoust Re: 007 Voice mail - 03/17/05 08:38 PM
Guess I should of tried the default passwords before asking for help resetting the 007. They were never changed. Now for my next question. I noticed that differend processors have CKE3, FM2 FM3 FM4 etc. What are these.
Posted By: ScoTTeL Re: 007 Voice mail - 03/19/05 09:38 AM
The CKE 3, 4, 5 are kind of like Pentium 1, 2, 3.

They will all run the same software, but have different levels of processor and chip set capabilities. For most small users, CKE3 will work just as well as CKE5. The larger users with more stations and complex programming will need a CKE4 or CKE5 to handle the processing better. You will have to get into the programming to see what software version they are running.

The FM units were Merlin II and had firmware plug ins for the different software levels.
Posted By: Normand Daoust Re: 007 Voice mail - 03/19/05 06:15 PM
Thank you for the info. I purchased a used system for a friend, he only has 6 incomming lines and 10 stations. I know it has revision 5 processor, but not much more currently.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help