atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: epgis Forwarding calls without using a port - 03/22/05 03:25 PM
We have the Merlin Legend v6.25 and need to forward calls without using a real ports on the phone system. I need to do this for two reasons.
1. We have outside sales that when you dial their extension it dials their home. (remote forward is turned on.)
2. We moved a half dozen employees to another phone system that have different Extension numbers.

Is there any way to use adjuncts to forward these calls? Right now we are using standard analog phone ports on the system. Forward the calls using #33xxx then unplugging the phone. The problem is this is using valuable ports on the phone system. Ideally we would like to use the same extension numbers, without using any real ports. That way we could use those ports for real phones.

Mike

[This message has been edited by epgis (edited March 22, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by epgis (edited March 22, 2005).]
Use Adjuncts, renumber them to something within your dial plan that makes sense.

Assign them an "authorization code", so you can program their forwarding number from another (real) system phone. (Hint: make the authorization code be the same as the extension number. i.e., if the adjunct is extension 199, make the authorization code 199 as well.)

Be sure to allow them trunk-to-trunk and remote call forwarding.

To set the remote number, go to a keyset, go off hook on an SA button, and dial:

#80-(authorization code)-#-*33-9-(remote telephone number)-#
Posted By: Magixip Re: Forwarding calls without using a port - 03/25/05 03:02 PM
TTT: I follow everything you posted. However the calls are still not being forwarded. When ext 199 is dailed I get a busy.
Posted By: gkar Re: Forwarding calls without using a port - 03/25/05 04:03 PM
You also have to have loop start disconnect on.
Do a print off the extension. It will show the number it is fowared to.

[This message has been edited by gkar (edited March 25, 2005).]
Posted By: epgis Re: Forwarding calls without using a port - 03/30/05 10:21 AM
Thanks that worked for forwarding calls outside the system.
What about using Adjuncts to forward calls to another phone within the system. When I tried using an Adjunct the call goes straight to voice mail.

What I would like is to have one real phone that has two extension numbers.
Right now we do not have any free analog ports available. When another port becomes available I would like to split the two extension to two real analog phone ports.
You can have a real phone "cover" the adjunct, and still have the adjunct go to voice mail.

Add a "Primary Coverage" button the the physical set. (Feature 00, button, *40, Extension number of the adunct, enter, Feature *00)
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help