atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonechallenged extension will not go to voice mail - 03/22/05 02:48 PM
I inherited the management of our office phone system--Lucent system with Merlin Mail Voice msg, Release 3. I can do some things on the system but intricate things I have to read the manual. My problem: One extension will not go to voice mail if no one answers. It will receive messages if sent from another extension from inside voice mail. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: clgjr Re: extension will not go to voice mail - 03/22/05 03:23 PM
Should post in avaya section. I think vm cover is the problem, not sure what the codes are system program(3??)
Posted By: Test-ok Re: extension will not go to voice mail - 03/22/05 03:40 PM
moved to Avaya

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers
You have to tell the phone system that a mailbox exists in the voice mail system, and to send unanswered calls there.

This is done through "coverage". There are 30 different coverage groups in Merlin systems, and it could be any one of them. However the most commonly used coverage group for voice mail is number 30.

Try this if you are familiar with programming the phone system

Menu
System Program
Exit
Extensions
More
Coverage
Enter
(Extension Number)
Enter
Home
Touch Tone Tommy--
Thanks for your help. I was on the right track with group coverage, however I didn't know that most VM uses group 30. I did that and it worked.

Thanks so much...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help