atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: partner2 VM coverage - 03/29/05 05:43 AM
Sorry, don't know this system well very well, inherited last spring.

Have Partner R6 setup for company. Added two new external lines and want these to be a sep company. What's best way to have them (VMS or AA) so that they go to sep voice mail and never default to operator?

Auto Attendant 1 has several menus and is being used for company one. It's not assigned anywhere so I assume it's a default.

I tried 206 VMS cover but ring no answer and transfers to operator. Also tried 310.
Posted By: dtmf Re: VM coverage - 03/29/05 05:53 AM
In 206 group 7 set them to Assigned and not VM cover. You don't need 310 assigned to the Voice Mail ports, also check 506 1 for day and 2 for night for rings that you want before the AA answers.
Posted By: partner2 Re: VM coverage - 03/29/05 07:06 AM
Thanks. Did that but if you zero out you still go to company A operator (ext 10). I added AA2, assigned to two new lines and put in a different greeting to try to steer people away.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: VM coverage - 03/29/05 07:12 AM
Depends on your voice mail. Some will allow you to specify the "dial-0/timeout" option for each auto attendant, some have it globally set as ext. 10. Also inside of a mailbox, if you have a setting for "personal operator", have all the people in company B set their's to company B's operator - otherwise if a caller in a mailbox presses 0, they will get company A's operator.
Posted By: dtmf Re: VM coverage - 03/29/05 07:24 AM
As Tommy said it depends on what mail, is this a VS5 or a messaging unit?
Posted By: partner2 Re: VM coverage - 03/29/05 07:49 AM
Thanks. "dial-0/timeout" option for auto attendant 2 did it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help