atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man group calling issues - 03/29/05 06:17 AM
I am having some issues with the group calling function on a Magix. We have 4 groups of agents in each of their own call groups, and they log in. We also have 4 additional agents in an overflow group, 775. The problem is when no one is logged into the overflow group, the call stays in the original calling group. If the original calling group is busy, the caller stays on hold too long until answered. I attempted to setup an additional overflow to voice mail from the 775 group, but it does not work.

Is there a way I can get callers back to voice mail after so many minutes of being in cue and still have the overflow group intact.
Posted By: gkar Re: group calling issues - 03/29/05 04:09 PM
Thats the way it works. It will not overflow if an agent is not available in the overflow group. And the groups can only overflow once.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: group calling issues - 03/29/05 06:44 PM
You can try having one calling group "support" the other one. I haven't set that up myself, but I was "wires and pliers" on a system that ended up doing that. I believe that you can then overflow to voice mail, and even use the announcement feature of Merlin Messaging for queue announcements with an option to jump out of queue and leave a voice mail.

Check the manual under Group Calling, and look at the part about supporting other calling groups.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help