atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mdaniel Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/09/05 01:34 PM
I have installed a Partner ACS R.7. I have the processor,2 308's and messaging R.7. I have 6 regular pots lines and 24 exts. I am having problems getting the outcalling to work on a VM box to a pager. The box doesn't have a phone,but I did allow that ext the rights to outcall on the admin side of the mail. Went into the user box and set everything up(outcalling number with 9* infront) Also checked to make sure the ports of the mail (ext.35,36,37,38) did not have any restrictions and set line selection to line 6,5,4,3,2,1. Checked the pager to make sure it worked in the area I was in. Need help.

Thanks,

Mike
Posted By: pacecomm Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/09/05 05:26 PM
i beleive the ports used should be 34,35,36,37 for a 4 port someone correct me if this is not correct. this may be your problem i havent used outcalling on any of my systems yet.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/09/05 05:55 PM
His Voice mail ports are right. the ACS R7 has 9 station ports which would make his ports on the voice mail right.

Michael, your outcalling port would be port 4, did you set the schedule up correctly.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 06:17 AM
What do you mean the schedule on the VM port 4?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 06:50 AM
No, the shedule for the mail box.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 08:42 AM
Yea, I set up the schedule for the mail box using outcalling. But in the book and you guys keep talking about port 4. Is there something other than making sure that ext or port has no restrictions? And how should ALS be set for that port?

Thanks,
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 09:03 AM
When you assign outcalling it will use the last port of the VM so on a four port it would use port 4 to call out.

Can you post your calling string for the outside pager so we can see what you set it up as. In default the mail should grab the line with the 9* then dial XXX-XXXX.

Also do you have it set for All Messages or Priority and do you have the pauses set long enough for the pager to answer before the digits are dial to the pager.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 09:14 AM
Yea, the number to outcall to is 9*626XXXX****
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 09:15 AM
Oh and I set it to notify for all messages.
Posted By: Spuds Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 11:05 AM
When you are testing this do you call and leave a new message in the mailbox? The system will outcall for new messages only. So if you had an old message in the mailbox and expecting it to outcall it will not.

Mike

------------------
| Business Telephones | Telephone Systems
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 01:04 PM
Yes it would need a new message.

With the number string you put in I don't see it dialing anything for your pager to let you know it called, something like 9*626XXXX*****911#, so when it gets your pager you can see what number called you.
Posted By: gkar Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 04:40 PM
Are the VM extensions part of the dis-allow list 7?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 06:11 PM
No they are not
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 06:24 PM
In program 401 what is port 38 set at?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/11/05 11:31 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Michael Daniel:
Is there something other than making sure that ext or port has no restrictions? And how should ALS be set for that port?
</font>

Do not set the ALS AT ALL for the voice mail ports, simply putting them in Hunt Group 7 will automatically set their ALS properly. If you have messes with that, take them out of the group, and then put them back in.

Put an Auto-Intercom button for each of the voice mail ports on a phone, and watch for then to light up when you call the mailbox, and then for the last one to light up while it outcalls. Does a line light up at the same time?

Put your butt set on the line and listen as it outcalls, to see what is being dialed. Perhaps the call is failing at the CO, or if it is a pager, it is taking more rings than expected to be answered by the paging service.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/12/05 08:08 AM
True it will take care of itself when you assign 505-7.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/12/05 05:41 PM
#401 is set to no restrictions. How long should it take from the time you leave a new message for the system to actualy call out to the pager number?

Thanks a bunch!
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/12/05 06:12 PM
The default for Outcalling Interval is 15 min. unless you change it.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/12/05 06:58 PM
Is the lowest 5 min?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/12/05 07:57 PM
That's how long it waits between attempts to dial out to your list after the first one has been sent. It should attempt to dial after the message has been left within the start and end time that you have setup assuming that the Vms isn't getting heavy traffic. Mine takes about a min and a half.

Did you get it to work yet?

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited April 12, 2005).]
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/13/05 12:28 PM
I will be returning to the customer tommorrow to finish.
Posted By: Station Specialties Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/13/05 04:04 PM
The R7 has an extra station port. You must remember to go up one station port for hunt group 7. For Example: If the voice mail was in slot 2 on a 2 port system you might think this would be ex 26 and 27 in fact it is 27 and 28. The partner messaging does not show a 5x9 in the installation book it shows a 308 proc.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/14/05 10:27 AM
He has his ports right as you can see in his first post he allowed for the 5x9.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/14/05 03:50 PM
Went back to the customer today. Did what you guys suggested and everythings works great. I think my big problem was my dial string.

Thanks a bunch!
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner Messaging R.7 - 04/14/05 04:07 PM
The thing to remember is when outcalling to a pager the best thing to do is call and count until pager answers that way you can get close to the pause time you need to enter in the string, then all you have to do is some adjusting.
Glad you got it going
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help