atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi All,

I hope that someone will be able to help me with this... I have a customer that will be installing an appoitment reminder system. The system will require 2 analog lines so that it can make 2 calls at a time. The customer tells ne that there is an available jack at the the PC where the system will be installed. The customer's phone system is an Avaya Partner, and is setup with analog credit card and fax lines. Will the appointment reminder system have access to analog lines through the Avaya jack? If so, will it require any programming by a tech? Or will the customer need to have 2 analog lines installed separately? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Avaya Partner - analog line support - 04/11/05 10:26 AM
I would set both ports the appiontment remider as ext ports on the Partner. Then check you ALS to make sure it picks up the lines and in the order you wish.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya Partner - analog line support - 04/11/05 01:20 PM
Does the PC use a dial string?
Hi,

Thanks for the replies - yes, we will install a Voice Processing Boad (similar to a MODEM) in the PC. The reminder system, will then access analog lines via RJ11/14 phone wires connected to the Voice Board jacks - the key here is that we must have acces to analog lines. To dial through a phone system, we can dial a "9" or other digit to get an outside line.

Thanks,
Doug
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya Partner - analog line support - 04/11/05 03:10 PM
Ok, it sounds like the PC is setup for 2 lines on 1 port, you will have to split the line coming from the PC and hook them up to the Partner as 2 single line sets. You can set the PC to use a 9 or you can give the 2 single line ports to grab a line with ALS as Michael suggested. I would just set the ALS and use a pause on the PC side then dial.
Thanks so much for you help!

Doug
Thanks for your help!

Doug
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help