atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stewartje Newbie help please - 05/05/05 04:28 AM
We installed SPM and went to use it. We selected one extension and looked at its details, etc. Now, on that extension only, when you try to dial any other extension their VM will not pick up. The only option is for the other person to pick up the phone.

We also noticed that calls coming in on the second line only go to VM while the phone is in use. Previously the line would ring even when I am on the phone.

All of this is only on one extension, the one we looked at in SPM. We have Merlin Mail r3 and I am using Win SPM v6.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Newbie help please - 05/05/05 07:23 AM
With any luck, your system is set to do an automatic backup to the PCMCIA card on a weekly basis. Do a Restore from the card of the last backup before you went in and programmed stuff. Then, always do a manual backup before a programming session, so you have a way to immediatly undo anything you do.
Posted By: stewartje Re: Newbie help please - 05/05/05 05:51 PM
fixed problem. reinstalled win spm on my laptop. the first install was corrupted. then copied one good extension to the 2 bad ones and reapplied the template to them. This fixed the problem. thanks for the suggestion on the backup. no backups had been done for as long as anyone can remember. it does have a PCMCIA card. now i need to wait until after hours and we can do a backup.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Newbie help please - 05/05/05 07:32 PM
You can backup at anytime. It's the restore that will take your system out of service.

There is a setting for Automatic Backup, can be set Daily or Weekly. Default is Sunday at 2am.

Be sure it is on. Inherited one customer, didn't have automatic backup turned on, and the Receptionist went to renumber an extension, got to dial plan instead, and defaulted all the extension numbers and dial codes. Quite the mess to sort out!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help