atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rstrapple Old Partner system adding VM - 06/01/05 05:58 PM
Hello all and thanks in advance.

I have a customer (do his network/data etc.) that has an old partner. It is a five slot carrier with e following modules.

1 206 R 4.1
2 206e R 3.1
P R4.1
3 400e 3.1
4 EMPTY

He would like to add a 2 or 4 port voicemail, and do an AA. I see these cards on Ebay for 300.00 to 400.00.

Are there any certain rev. I need or can not use?

How difficult will the installation be? I have don't alot of work on Magix systems and some on Definty BCS.

Could someone give some basic steps to follow? which codes to use to put the call groups in and all ring the AA. although I think some of those CO should ring directly to stations. Not sure yet how he wants in once its in.

I am mostly worried about purchasing bad or incompatible hardware for the job. Please steer me in the right direction.

thanks

rich
Posted By: KENB Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/01/05 06:10 PM
your ok on your partner processor 4.1 and can
run a voicemail choices would be a partner vs mail /the revisions went from 1.0 to 5.0
then went to messaging same slot more money
or you can go with an external flash mail that would take 2-4 ports on your system which
may mean you need another 2 x 6 card in slot 4
if you get a programming manual for mail it will have programming for vs mail as well as partner system /most others provide
integration notes
shouldnt be to hard to do
vs mails are hard drive items so if u can start with a new drive from rep supplier it may be a safer bet

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited June 01, 2005).]
Posted By: sbctech01 Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/01/05 08:05 PM
I'm in Wilmington, Delaware if you need any equipment or tech support // my number is 302-654-2654 ext.13
Posted By: rstrapple Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/06/05 06:46 PM
Ken,

I did the code and got the beeps and The system is a Partner Plus 4.1 (4 beeps - 2 beeps)

I can get Partner VS mail r4 for like 350.00 or 400.00 sound about right? (ebay)
and theres a hard drive in that module? And it can go in Slot 5 or do i have to move it closer to the processor or something? This is a 2 port card. What PC card would i get to make this 4 port system? does the VM backup to the same card as the one that adds 2 more ports?

I can also get a Partner mail R3 for like 100.00 to 150.00. This is the pc based one. is this harder to setup? thanbks for your thoughts.

rich
Posted By: nectec Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/06/05 06:59 PM
Hi Rich, Yes the Partner VS-Mail would go in slot 5 in your system. The Partner PC Voice Messaging PC card setup is very similar to the VS-Mail but plugs into the processor module. You can download the documentation for either from the Avaya web site. The VS-Mail is hard drive based and PC Voice Messaging card is flash based. Either choice should work for you.
Posted By: KENB Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/06/05 07:47 PM
your ok with the vs mails ,but can not use a flash mail pc card mail and would need a acs processor
there are a series of expansion cards that plug into a vs mail to increase size to 4 ports and 20 mail boxes and maybe to 4 x40 that card plugs into the vs mail
again on ebay your buying used so the drive will last as long as it lasts
if your looking a the partner external mail
they are really old and i wouldnt touch
it .they were old when they did the y2k scare

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited June 06, 2005).]
Posted By: rstrapple Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/07/05 05:48 AM
Thanks guys. I think the VS mail (4.0) is the way to go.

I have experience with Magix and admining a Definity. I have reset passwords and changed ringers, fixed time on a partner lol.

But what I am looking to do is use the manual (I got it) and maybe someone to give me the rough list of procedures and to make my way through it. I have found where if I get stuck I can call for tech support for 90.00/hr.

Is there a separate manual for the VS mail?

and given my config above and if I put the VS in the 5 slot what are my voice mail port numbers?

What group do I put them in 777? what code to put them in that group?

thanks again.

rich
Posted By: KENB Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/07/05 06:33 AM
get the manual for the mail it has the partner and mail programming
Posted By: rstrapple Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/07/05 07:47 AM
will get it, thx

anyone else help with the other part of my questions?

rich
Posted By: dtmf Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/07/05 08:03 AM
The manual will have all the setup and programming you will need.
Posted By: KENB Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/07/05 08:27 AM
17 AND 18 FOR 2 PORTS
15-16-17-18 FOR 4 PORTS
again its in the voicemail manual
Posted By: rstrapple Re: Old Partner system adding VM - 06/07/05 08:36 AM
Thanks guys,

I know its in the manual and I will read all of it just looking for a little guidance so I am more confidence about the job.

Thanks for the help, I know exactly what the system is and what VS 4.0 I want. Although I do want to stick a PC card in it to get it to 4 ports but that will be latter.

I will read the manual but I assume that if the 2 ports are burned then the calls over flow to what ever ext I set correct?

rich
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help