atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: robspiere Screech problem with Transtalks - 06/07/05 03:53 PM
I'm having a problem with a Partner ACS system and a pair of Transtalks. The ACS is rev 5 (I think -- new 4~ years ago or so -- and the transtalks are refurbs from Metroline. Regular POTS lines, nothing fancy.

Here's the problem: When someone is on a call with one of the cordless phones and someone else calls in, that third party hears a loud screech. Like, very loud, to the point where it freaks them out. Again, user A is using a transtalk to talk to user B, who is in the outside world. User C calls in to the main line, which hunts over to line two, or three, and hears a very loud screech. User A also hears a little chirp indicating another incoming call.

We've already replaced the phones and the base station with "like new" ones from Metroline. The Partner system has been in use for years without the screeching problem. The only thing that's new is the transtalks. And the problem only comes up when the transtalks are in use. If somebody is using a partnerphone there is no screech.

What is going on here? I can move the transtalks to different ports, including on expansion modules, and the same thing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rob
Posted By: hbiss Re: Screech problem with Transtalks - 06/07/05 06:12 PM
What model are the Transtalks? Current 9040 with dual radio unit for both handsets or older Transtalks, the ones with separate radio units for each handset?

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help