atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: superikey Partner ACS R4 - Remote Admin - 06/12/05 04:35 PM
Hopefully someone can assist me here. I have several issues with Remote Admin and cant seem to get around them.

1. I have the remote admin card installed in the 2nd PCMCIA Slot and the original b/u-resotre card in the first slot. Is this correct?

2. When I dial ext 76 internally for the modem, It answers after 3-4 rings and I here a click then nothing. No modem tones.

3. When I dial ext 76 from the autoattendant I get the same as in #2. Also, I added ext 76 to hunt group #6, but I cant access it by entering 776 from the Auto Attendand, instead I had to define x.76 in the voicemail system and I have to *8 before I dial it.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Isaac

------------------

-----------
Isaac Braca
ICCS & Co., LLC
Your Premier IT Partner
[email protected]
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner ACS R4 - Remote Admin - 06/12/05 04:55 PM
The remote access card is also the backup/restore card, so get rid of the original card, and use only the RAC card.

You should hear modem tone after Ext. 76 answers. Doesn't matter if you reached it by dialing 76, or hunt group 776. 776 is only because VS mail doesn't recgonize 76 as a valid extension number. But if you're using Messaging, you still can't get to 76 or 776 unless you make a transfer only mailbox.

So bottom line, if you don't hear modem tone, try the card on another control unit, to find out if it is the card or ACS that is faulty.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help