atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PhoneGuy25 Magix/Legend - 10/13/05 04:39 PM
I have a system that needs installed for a customer, they were given a legend system and a magix system, but no newer phones, all MLX 28s. The Magix has voicemail and more features, but not enough CO/Station hardware to support the customer. The lengend has more than enough, but no voicemail.

Can i simply use the Magix processor in a clamshell and the Magix voicemail in a clamshell and use the Legend backplane and CO/Station cards?

I have one clamshell now that the voicemail fits in, will the processor use the same type of clamshell (i need to get a second one)?

Is there another way to use the Magix cabinet with the legend cards (without the clamshells)?

Thanks for any advice.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Magix/Legend - 10/13/05 05:03 PM
Yes that should work. And yes the clamshells are the same. And no there is no way ( that I am aware of ) to use the Legend cards in a Magix cabinet.

Because there wouldn't be any way of securing the Legend cards in a Magix carrier.
Posted By: Magixip Re: Magix/Legend - 10/14/05 07:31 AM
Sorry but the Magix processor clam shell is not the same as the clam shell for the other cards. They have a clam shell just for the processor.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Magix/Legend - 10/14/05 06:01 PM
Good catch Magixip.
Posted By: PhoneGuy25 Re: Magix/Legend - 10/17/05 08:48 AM
Anyone know of a reseller to purchase a processor clamshell from? Part number?

Thanks for all the other advice.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Magix/Legend - 10/17/05 10:44 AM
I can get you one when I get back to the office.

I'am out on a job site right now.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Magix/Legend - 10/17/05 01:50 PM
phoneguy,You got mail.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help