atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jwagman1 Caller id issue please help - 10/14/05 01:10 PM
I have a Lucent Phone system that we were using at a home office. Then we moved into an office and installed the same system but had it reprogramed. at the old office after 2 rings caller id came up. Now at the new office after 2 rings all it says is VMS. How do i get it to bring up caller id again? All lines we have have caller id turned on though telco. Any information you can give me would help.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/14/05 01:23 PM
your sure the telco has the CID feature on?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/14/05 01:52 PM
Probably because it was reprogrammed so that no phones ring on incoming calls and the AA picks up and handles them. When it transfers the call to an extension (set for two rings) the display will only say "VMS" because that's where it came from.

That said the ACS R6.0 (and R7.0) will pass the CID info on transferred calls. So your best option is to do a software upgrade to R6.0 (I'm assuming you have an older ACS) unless you want to make those phones ring on incoming calls.

-Hal
Posted By: jwagman1 Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/14/05 02:01 PM
cid feature is on
the phones do ring on incoming calls... not sure how its set up though.. do you think that vms picks up all calls then transfers them? because when someone calls the auto attendant picks up announces the name of our company then says dial an extension. how can i make it so that this works the same way but shows the CID instead of VMS?
Posted By: jwagman1 Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/14/05 02:15 PM
how can i tell which version of ACS i have?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/14/05 02:35 PM
Go to a display phone and press Feature 59, if you have AA answering it you should have it answer on the 2nd or 3rd ring to be sure that the CID data comes in before the AA answers it.
Posted By: jwagman1 Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/17/05 06:35 AM
i have ACS 5.0. You are saying that if i have AA answer after the second ring it will transfer the caller id info when it transfers the call? or do i still need ACS 6.0?
Posted By: jwagman1 Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/17/05 07:01 AM
ok im a little confused. i was checking the settings on my system and it says that AA is set to answer after 2 rings... but when someone calls in the ext10 phone does like a half ring and the system immediately answers. Caller id info is sent at the 2nd ring so how do i make the system wait? is it not AA that is answering? im a little confused...
Posted By: dtmf Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/17/05 07:05 AM
Is AA answering or is 10 answering? If it's the AA check #506 1 = day and 2= night, this controls how many rings until AA answers. If it 10 answering check #208 and see if the lines are assigned to it.
Posted By: jwagman1 Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/17/05 07:13 AM
well after half a ring the incoming call is answered. then a welcome message is played and it says press 3 for this department or press the ext you want. if i hit #506 it askes which mode... doesnt display wich mode its in. what should i do?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/17/05 07:19 AM
Press 1 - Day and then look at the lines and set the rings at 2 or 3, then do the the same for 2 - Night and set them up the way you want it. It doesn't matter what mode it's in all you are doing is programming it.
Posted By: jwagman1 Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/17/05 08:12 AM
im not sure how to program... what are the steps?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/17/05 05:47 PM
In your earlier post you said you checked the settings, I'm confused, if you don't know how to program how did you check the settings? When you moved your system who did the re-program? I think it's time you got them back and tell them to fix it.

I don't know what else to tell , it's #506 1 then 01-xx for lines and set them to the number of rings you want. Then repeat for #506 2
Posted By: jwagman1 Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/18/05 06:47 AM
Ok i got that i was just confused. What i have figured out is that there is a night service button on our operator phone. when night service is active the system rings onces then picks up and plays our greeting and then transfers to the appropriate extension. when i turn the night service off all calls ring at the operator phone and have caller id and can be transfered with caller id. so what i need to know is how can i change the settings of the night service so that it picks up after the second ring? its an Avaya VMS card. Do you know the command to change it to 2 or 3 rings before pickup?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/18/05 06:58 AM
It's the same program I've told you about twice, #506 - 2 for night mode - enetr line 01 - enter number of rings - press next item and repeat for all your lines.
Posted By: jwagman1 Re: Caller id issue please help - 10/18/05 07:14 AM
ok i c our night service button is programed for the day mode... so i set that to 2 rings for each line and now it works!!!! THANKS!!!!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help