atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jdavidcomm Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 01:10 PM
ok it's a Model C-1000 for avaya

It is wired correctly but doesn't seem to work properly. Bottom line before we go further is the red light supposed to be blinking or steady red?
Thanks for anyone's help
Posted By: KENB Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 02:16 PM
Are you in a coline port of a system.
What system is it ??

Mine are in merlin co line ports.

Does the system know that co is there >

I vaguely remember so programming to the door box controller from a set.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 02:23 PM
Not that we are a bunch of dummies but don't you think calling Viking tech support at (715)386-8666 would get you faster and the right answers?

-Hal
Posted By: jdavidcomm Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 02:38 PM
hey if everyone here was a dummie do ya think I would be looking here, everyone here is a big help.
I got the answer to the first question, the red light only has to do with door strike control. But, I still can't get this thing to work right, it's on a partner ACS 3.0 ext 17 but the only time it friggin works is when I plug it in and it goes "ding dong" and then the port can talk thru on both ends but......when I hang up the phone it doesn't release the extension there is no diconnect, what am I doing wrong.......yeah I know Hal "get out of the business", I hear ya. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave
Posted By: Thornhil Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 03:23 PM
I believe Ken is right it has to be on a co port, don't think it will work off an extension.
Posted By: jdavidcomm Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 03:38 PM
I was told it would work off an extension port, I have tried it both ways
Posted By: hbiss Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 04:05 PM
Ummm, lets see. (Goes to the Viking site.) Yup, looks like it is only for use with a CO port. Make sure the talk battery is "on".

You probably got this with the unit but what the heck- https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/pdf/c-1000b.pdf

Question is why are you using that thing and not the Partner doorphone? Partner doorphones do connect to extension ports. Has to be cheaper than that Viking controller and doorbox. Makes no sense unless you have a system that doesn't support doorphones or needs more than two.

You can use the contact closure if you need to control up to 2 door strikes.

-Hal
Posted By: jdavidcomm Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 05:00 PM
Thanks Hal for the link and it's an ACS 3.0 and you are probably correct in the cost but, to answer your question....there were 2 of these in boxes in the shop and I have a customer that wants a door phone and I figured it would work. The partner doorphone is obviously the way to go if I didn't have this equipment already.
Posted By: jdavidcomm Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 05:58 PM
Hal that link was for a 1000-b it's a 1000-a and yeah it says you can use just an extension port
Posted By: jdavidcomm Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 05:59 PM
thanks for your help though, it's appreciated
Posted By: hbiss Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/19/05 08:03 PM
Oops you are right. The difference is that the "A" is discontinued but that's it. I didn't look down far enough, either can be used with a station port also.

Another thought and question after seeing that. What doorphone are you using? Viking used to make a rebranded E20 for Lucent, that was one of the Partner doorphones. Looks like all Viking doorphones are similar except for the packaging. You can connect it directly to a Partner port and program it for a doorphone. No need for that controller at all. Give that a shot.

-Hal
Posted By: jdavidcomm Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/20/05 08:05 AM
Hal, yeah I did try it as just a station port and no-go, I got it to work on a CO line, so far. It's a Viking Luuds door speaker with the controller, and when it comes down to it Bogen makes alot of stuff for.......viking.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Viking Universal Door controller - 10/20/05 09:10 AM
It's a Viking Luuds door speaker

Don't know what that is. If you scroll down to section "H" (using a station port) of that .pdf they show an analog phone in addition to a number of Viking doorphones able to be used. All those doorphones work like analog phones and should work when connected to a Partner doorphone port directly. (It was the E30 that was sold by Lucent as a Partner doorphone.)

Take a look inside the doorphone that you have. There are some that are only a speaker, no circuitry. That won't work with that controller either.

I see that they also have the W-1000 series doorphones. Unlike the E30 types, these have 4 wires, T/R and power. They show these as being used with the controller when the controller is connected to a CO port.

Does that mean that you must use a W-1000 series when connecting to a CO port and an E30 series when connecting to a station port??

Dunno but I would call their tech support and ask.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help