atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cconley Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/29/06 11:44 PM
It has been a while since I worked on a Partner system, so your help and input is appreciated.

Customer has a Partner Plus system. Standard five slot carrier loaded as follows:

2 2 c 2 4
0 0 p 0 0
6 6 u 0 0
r r r e e
2 3 4 r r
. . . 3 3
0 0 0 . .
1 1

outboard Amigo II voice mail

Customer called to complain that inbound CO calls were now ringing once and being immediately picked up by the Auto Attendant. Customer says that it used to ring 4 times and give them a chance to answer before vmail picked up. Customer says that there have been no hardware or programming changes made to their knowledge. They think that they may have inadvertantly hit some key combo that caused the scenario to change.

We went into programming. all CO lines were into Hunt Group 7... VMS Hunt Delay set to Delayed. VMS Coverage Rings set to 4. Line Ringing set to Immediate on all CO lines. Auto VMS Coverage is on.

I know very little about the Amigo II voice mail, but it seems to be working properly.

We did do a full power down and reset for the Partner and Amigo... no changes.

Any great thoughts.. any keys a customer could have hit to cause such a situation to occur?

Thanks in advance for your valuable wisdom...
Did they put it into night service accidently?

If it was in night service and they changed the button to something else, would it ever change back?
Posted By: KENB Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 04:49 AM
The night button is usually on x10 and toggles on or off.

What are those numbers you posted ,they dont make any sense sb IE 206 /206 /processor like that.

If its not the night button look @ #505 and make
sure the voicemail extensions match /.

You can dial each voicemail ext individually
and the mail should answer .
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 05:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KENB:
"What are those numbers you posted ,they dont make any sense sb IE 206 /206 /processor like that."
:confused:

Ken, I was wondering that myself. I think he posted
top to bottom, left to right.
So in the carrier from left to right it would be:
206-R2.01 206-R3.01 CPU R-4.01 200E-R3 400E-R3
But that's only my guess.
MrG
Posted By: KENB Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 06:01 AM
Gem
fooled me ,I guess it was a test ,You get
todays prize . :toothy:
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 06:34 AM
Ken, Thanks! :thumb:
I hope it comes in a bottle with a bonded seal over the cap. :banana:

I was wondering with that outboard Amigo II voicemail
if it has a timer that may have been changed or if the ringing assignments got changed in the partner?

MrG
If the voice mail port extensions are really in hunt group 7, the lines are assigned in #206, and the Hunt Delay is set to Delayed, there is nothing in the voice mail that is going to make it answer on the first ring. The Partner controls all the routing of the calls to the voice mail ports. I would start by looking at Hunt Group 7.
Posted By: cconley Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 10:07 AM
Sorry.. when I typed the 'vertical' slot assignments for your visual look at my box, it lined up really well and looked pretty straight forward.. when I added the Post, it changed the spacing and it does look like just gibberish.. my appologies..

You are correct.. slot 1 206 R2.0, slot 2 206 R3.0, slot 3 CPU R 4.0, slot 4, 200e R3.1, slot 5 400e R3.1.

Without any purposeful changes by the customer... what would cause a system to go from forwarding CO lines to voice mail on ring 1 vs. ring 4 besides some inerrant key combo being entered... if so.. what key combo on a Partner Plus could change the timing or number of rings to forward...

I agree, even though I don't know much about the Amiga II... I don't think it is the problem.. it is working in every other respect.. and when a call is transfered to either an individual box or the AA, it is answering as expected. The routing of the call comes from the Partner Plus.

I did check the Night service option right away.. I figured that even if the button is not labeled, they might have had it programmed at ext 10 and hit it by mistake and put the system in Night.. which might have been programmed for direct AA answer... but no button, no keys lit up.. when I go to Night Service extension in programming it is not programmed. Is there a key sequence ie. *## that would manually put the system in Night Mode? Even if the key is not programmed?
Posted By: upstateny Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 10:18 AM
Accidental call forwarding from one of the ringing extensions to one of the voice mail ports?
Posted By: cconley Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 12:03 PM
Back on site with customer equipment. Checked a number of things suggested and the one thing that I inerrantly reported was that the vmail (Amiga II) was set up on Hunt Group 7... When I go to Hunt Group (#505) and check all 7 hunt groups, I can not find any extensions assigned to any of the hunt groups, so I really don't know how calls are ever being forwarded to the external voicemail... unless the voicemail is just interfacing with an analog extension port and the calls are being call forwarded from a ringing extension (ie. 10) to the vmail port directly. I did check F11 to check the Call Forwarding settings and manually set extension 10 to not forward anywhere.. but it did not help.

Oh collective genius ( or is it geniusi ) please help.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 12:18 PM
I think you are going to have to do some research on how the AmigaII was intended to integrate with the Partner system. We talk about #505 hunt group 7 but that was intended to work with Partner Messaging systems. The fact that you don't have your VM extensions assigned there and nothing was changed suggests that the AmigaII wanted something else. Perhaps VM Hunt delay is a function of the AmigaII.

Then again you could try assigning your VM extensions to #505 hunt group 7 and see what happens. That would certainly allow you to delay sending the calls there.
-Hal
Posted By: cconley Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 01:04 PM
OK. I unplugged the Amigo voice mail and tried to see how the call would route.. it rings continuously. NO transfer at all.

Great Idea about building in the HG 7... the Amigo II is plugged into ports 18-21. I went to #505 and assigned 18-21 to Hunt Group 7... Partner routed the calls after the VMS Cover Rings delay, gave a "please hold while you are tansfered" system message, background music came on and then the line went into a hold state and disconnected after a few minutes... assumably

From all programming I can see, the Partner Plus is set up correctly and is responding as expected, but the Amigo is complicating the situation. I can't see how the partner is routing calls to the Amigo. I don't see any call coverage programmed or call forwarding.. no DND buttons programmed... I just don't get it. how is it getting the calls in the first place.

One thing I did notice, even when the Amigo picks up and plays the AA greeting.. it is not capturing the line ( at least not exclusively). You can still press the line key on the partner phone, interupt the AA greeting and answer the call.. this would point to the fact that the call is not actually being 'routed' to the voice mail as we would normally expect. somehow it is just listening in, sort of like an old answering machine.

Hmmmmm... :confused:
Posted By: hbiss Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 01:47 PM
If it's just connected to a "normal" extension port it could handle calls the same way a person would with a single line phone. "Hookswitch integration". Pretty bad because there is no information passed to the VM.

When you put the VM ports in #505,7 the Partner system sends that DTMF information but if the VM doesn't know how to use it it either does nothing or screws things up.

I'm slightly encouraged by your results when you put the ports in 505,7-

Partner routed the calls after the VMS Cover Rings delay, gave a "please hold while you are transfered" system message, background music came on and then the line went into a hold state and disconnected after a few minutes...

The message "please hold while you are transfered" and the subsequent processing came from the VM. Not sure you realized that.

Question is now how is the VM set up? Shouldn't you have gotten a menu as soon as it picks up?

One thing I did notice, even when the Amigo picks up and plays the AA greeting.. it is not capturing the line ( at least not exclusively). You can still press the line key on the partner phone, interupt the AA greeting and answer the call.. this would point to the fact that the call is not actually being 'routed' to the voice mail as we would normally expect. somehow it is just listening in, sort of like an old answering machine.

No, this is normal. Unless you assign privacy to the VM extensions you can always interrupt the VM system and pick up the line.

-Hal
You know, not just ext 10 could have been accidentally forwarded to a VM port.

I would do Feature-11-10-10, Feature-11-11-11, Feature-11-12-12, etc. all through the extension range.
Posted By: PENCOM Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 04:22 PM
Shooting from the hip here but if the capaciter/battery in the proc. is bad and a power outage occurs, stations 18-21 would default with ringing on all assigned CO's.
Pencom's probably right.

We had an ESI voicemail that didn't take advantage of the Partner's voice mail integration. It just hung outboard on station ports and answered. Did "supervised transfers", where it listened to progress tones, and if it got ringback for too long, it would take back the call and route to the mailbox that the auto attendant was attempting to transfer to. Voice mail coverage was a nightmare.

Luckily, we didn't sell it, it was a donation to a charity, and soon after we came up with a VS mail to take its place.

Anyway, try taking the VM ports OUT of hunt group 7, and setting them to Delayed Ring.
Posted By: cconley Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 08:19 PM
That is certainly an interesting observation Tommy... I do have the ports out of group 7 already.. nothing in group 7... but setting those ports to delayed ring is something I have not looked at. I will swing by tomorrow and see if maybe that will work...

I am talking with customer about upgrading to VS, but it will mean a second cabinet and the changeout of the CPU card... we will see.

Any recommendations from the room for a SOHO outboard 2 or 4 port vmail, maybe flash, that does clean analog integration?
If you changeout the CPU card, replace it with an ACS. That will give you 3 (or 5) lines and 8 (or 9) extensions on the processor iteself. That will free up a slot for voice mail.

BUT....it would be better to also change the carrier to the new one with more spacing and fewer heat/ventilation failures, and Partner Messaging ($$$$)

Oh, and I have a 4 port Partner Mail R3 that I'm defaulting to put up on eBay!
Posted By: cconley Re: Immediate Forward to Auto Attendant - 03/30/06 11:45 PM
Thanks Tommy.. I need to look in my warehouse. I think I still have a Partner vmail on the shelf.. but if I don't I will PM you and work out a deal for yours...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help