atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NewTB Caller ID question - 07/12/06 07:12 AM
Hi everyone. I have a remote site with an S8700 PBX. The site has 7 analog cordless phones that are in a coverage-answer group. When someone calls their main tech line, it covers to this coverage-answer group. The problem is the caller ID on the cordless phones don't display who is calling. Is there a way to get this to work? They want to be able to see who is calling the main tech line so they can answer the correct calls. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Caller ID question - 07/12/06 07:45 AM
try to change the station type from 2500 to callrID.
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Caller ID question - 07/12/06 08:51 AM
I have a Definity G3si version 11 so my application might be different but this is how I do it. We have an 800 number set up. As people prompt in this is what happens.

Press 1 for C.S.: I named the Hunt Group Wells C.S. Press 2 for Application: I named that Hunt Group Wells Application. Press 3 for Technical: I named that Hunt Group Wells Tech. We use 8410D phone and cordless VTech 5.8 display phones.

Doing it this way allows the staff to know what kind of calls are coming in at them. As we have multiple 800 doing different applications we have to know how to answer each call. We don't have ANI or PRI so we cannot see the incoming number but I can let the staff know which line the caller is prompting on. I supply a cheat sheet to the call center staff and it seems to work for us.

Good Luck!
Posted By: NewTB Re: Caller ID question - 07/13/06 01:20 PM
thanks for the suggestion liquidvw. I tried that and the system isn't up to date enough for it to work. I will try what you suggest Rhonda. Thanks!!
Posted By: liquidvw Re: Caller ID question - 07/13/06 03:51 PM
It should work. An S8700 is running some type of communication manger. What software version do you have?

Also, What is the TN # of the analog card that you are cross connected to? A TN2793B or greater is required for caller ID. A TN2793 will not support it.
Posted By: NewTB Re: Caller ID question - 07/17/06 08:44 AM
The card is a TN2793. That's why it won't work. Thanks for the info, though. It will help me out in the future.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help