atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JordonJ Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 06:00 AM
For the third time I have to reset a vm password becase the one he chose didn't work. The last time I reset it, and he used the default, he got the message that he couldn't retrieve messages because of the number of incorrect logins to the system. It didn't work until I reset the system.

Shouldn't resetting the password take care of a lockout? Am I missing something? I went through the manual and didn't see anything about it.

I wonder if something is wrong with the system, but it's only this one extension that has the problem. Note, I may not have the whole story, and I have to talk to the customer today about it.

But what's your take on this?
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 06:18 AM
I'm not sure what type of Audix you have but regarding a Definity Audix which I have...

When you go into his mailbox do you change: Locked? y to Locked? n as well as changing the password?
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 06:27 AM
This is actually a partner mail VS...sorry if I wasn't specific enough. Can't remember which version off the top of my head...
Posted By: hbiss Re: Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 06:28 AM
The Partner Mail VS is not quite as sophisticated as the Audix. wink

My first bet is that the mailbox owner is not entering the password correctly. If indeed you do find that the password stops working then, yes, there is a problem with the Mail VS. Time for replacement.

-Hal
Did it actually say "you cannot get you messages at this time, due to multiple logins", as opposed to "incorrect login"? I've got one site that was notorious for that problem until they upgraded to Messaging. Only a restart of the VS Mail would clear it.
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 07:39 AM
That's what I had to do (restart the system). The release is 4. It turned out to be the VM box of a different extension though. But if restarting the system is normal then I guess there's not a problem.
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 08:11 AM
"Cannot get your message now due to multiple logins" comes whenever someone is loging into their voicemail at the same time someone is leaving one... In my experience anyway. Have you found a different reason for that message?
Posted By: Spuds Re: Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 09:24 AM
When someone has loged into the mailbox and hangs up or uses anothe rcall apperance to log into the same mailbox they hear. " Cannot get your messages due to multiple logins"
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 09:51 AM
Nobody else is trying to login to their mailbox at the same time they are trying to access it. This problem only comes up when I have to reset their password (and this site is the only place where we have encountered this problem).

I'm starting to wonder if their unit is dying...
Posted By: DayTech Re: Question Regarding Mail VS user access - 07/13/06 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Rhonda:
"Cannot get your message now due to multiple logins" comes whenever someone is loging into their voicemail at the same time someone is leaving one... In my experience anyway. Have you found a different reason for that message?
This also appears when some one is still logged into Message Manager on their PC.
Well there's no message manager on a VS mail, however if the VM port did not disconnect, and the user tries to log back in, that is the "multiple logins". If you were to add auto-intercom buttons for the VM ports on an extension, you could monitor and see of a port becomes locked up.

Be that as it may, it sounds like the VM is starting to go back, and it's time to look at replacing it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help